New Vegas patches? I can read about them..

ObLars

Tbh you should have the right to install it anywhere you like irregardless of what DRM it uses.

You can.

Although I'm tempted to fire off the "pirate" alarm.

Now, why would you do that?

No steam client installed > Impossible legally > Pirate/Cracker.

Steam Client installed > Hasn't found the steamapps folder yet.

Tbh you should have the right to install it anywhere you like irregardless of what DRM it uses.

You can.

Although I'm tempted to fire off the "pirate" alarm. Have you installed the Steam client at all?

I have it installed but I don't have New Vegas installed or linked to my account. http://i52.tinypic.com/wr1107.jpg. I probably won't install it until they fix the performance problems.

You can.

I do have Steam installed, i just dont use it other than with Day of defeat :P

You can.

Last time I checked bypassing DRM was perfectly legal.

See here

Not in the US it isn't. DMCA specifically lists bypassing DRM as illegal.

If you're not in the US then apply whatever local laws you have.\

And that ruling was based on Hardware dongles. You do not own Fallout New Vegas. It's licensed to you. There is a difference.

Edited by Fraktyl

Not in the US it isn't. DMCA specifically lists bypassing DRM as illegal.

If you're not in the US then apply whatever local laws you have.

Check the link in my last post. It is as long as I own the game.

In essence, this ruling means that you're free to break DRM on media that you own. No longer is it illegal to rip your own DVDs or crippled audio CDs onto your hard disk. I think there might also be some implication for the godawful DRM used on contemporary games like Assassin's Creed 2

In essence, this ruling means that you're free to break DRM on media that you own. No longer is it illegal to rip your own DVDs or crippled audio CDs onto your hard disk. I think there might also be some implication for the godawful DRM used on contemporary games like Assassin's Creed 2

I edited my response. But will reply again to keep the thread flowing right.

You do not own Fallout New Vegas. It is licensed to you. There is a difference. Read the EULA, which you agree to when installing. If you do not agree to the EULA, then you're technically not allowed to install. EULA's haven't had their day in court yet though. Also, one ruling by a judge only sets a precedence, it doesn't mean that other cases will be rules on the same way.

Just for the record, I do agree with you. I think DRM hurts real customers with the intrusiveness. Steam isn't as bad as others, but yes, it is DRM.

But, since you didn't install it, you haven't done anything wrong/grey/illegal either. :)

I edited my response. But will reply again to keep the thread flowing right.

You do not own Fallout New Vegas. It is licensed to you. There is a difference. Read the EULA, which you agree to when installing. If you do not agree to the EULA, then you're technically not allowed to install. EULA's haven't had their day in court yet though. Also, one ruling by a judge only sets a precedence, it doesn't mean that other cases will be rules on the same way.

Just for the record, I do agree with you. I think DRM hurts real customers with the intrusiveness. Steam isn't as bad as others, but yes, it is DRM.

So from what your telling me I'm not allowed to bypass Fallout 3's DRM or Splinter Cell Conviction's DRM or any DRM just because I don't agree to the EULA?