Morrowind GOTY for XBox and PC

GrizzlyUK

Bethesda are now taking pre-orders for Morrowind GOTY for XBox AND PC, with an estimated shipping date of October 22nd. GOTY will include Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon and a new map.

Also available for pre-order is Morrowind Prophecies GOTY, an updated version of Morrowind Prophecies which will include info for Tribunal and Bloodmoon.

Thanks for moving this Switch, I wanted to post it here but I wasn't allowed.

Peregrine:

As to the new map, it's just a 'new' paper map showing all 3 areas. The only info I've been able to find on the PC version is that it's basically one box with Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon and the map, same as the XBox version. No 'new' content.

Prices are $29.99 for the GOTY game and $19.99 for the new version of Prophecies. Both are avaialble for pre-order from Bethesda, probably elsewhere.

It also looks like the estimated release date is for North America, with the rest of the world getting a release about a month or so later, though I doubt they'll release the new Prophecies in the rest of the world, same as they didn't for the original Prophecies! Though it would be nice if they did, seeing as there are many Morrowind fans living outside of North America.

UbiSoft are now showing Morrowind GOTY for PC available for pre-order with a release date of October 30th, priced £14.15 / 20,32 EUR. :o As far as I could tell this is the European release date and the rest of the world will probably have a similar release date. Strangely there is no mention of the XBox version!

That's the one thing that annoys me about all of this, the fact that I forked over 50 bucks for Morrowind and the two expansions and now they are releasing an all in one package for the same price as I bought Morrowind.

But I understand, from a marketing point of view this makes it easy for people who haven't yet picked up the game to get started, and for those who don't have either of the expansions (which I don't understand at all since they add a lot to the game) to be able to get them both without having to pay a lot for them.

The only way I would buy it though is if the CS had all of th meshes and textures ect. from both Tribunal and Bloodmoon...then it would be worth the 30 bucks for someone who already has the games. Maybe I should start hoping they'll release something like that seperately.

Archived