OBSE not detected with Wrye Bash

Z7Sakari

Hey all,

This is my first time using Wrye Bash so I apologize for my ignorance here, but I am having an issue that I cannot solve through standard google searching. I have followed the instructions to the best of my knowledge in terms of installing the mods, running BOSS for the load order, and rebuilding the Bashed Patch.

The problem I am having is with OBSE not seeming to be detected by other mods despite looking pretty green and ready to go in the load order. As you can see by the attached image, I am using the latest OBSE 0021 and it is required by "Weather - All Natural" which states that OBSE does not exist.

I tried installing OBSE with "Data" and "src" packages checked, and unchecked to no avail.

Additionally, (and this may be due to the OBSE problem) when I rebuild the Bashed Patch I get the following Missing Master Errors. Is this something else that should be fixed?

Thanks for your help,

Andrew

You can't install OBSE using the Wrye Bash Installers (as it's warning is telling you ... see the warning text and the red X on the OBSE line).

Download OBSE manually to a temporary folder and extract it. The included file obse_readme.txt has install instructions for the disk versions of the game and different install instructions for the Steam version of the game ... follow which ever applies for you. The src folder isn't required, it's the source code for OBSE that's included for people who wish to develop OBSE plugins.

Once you have OBSE installed and working run BOSS and then build your bashed patch. Details on that and more are found in the two HTML files found in the Oblivion\Mopy\Docs folder, Wrye Bash General Readme.html and Wrye Bash Advanced Readme.html.

Thanks! That seems to have taken care of OBSE at least, but now I am running into some more fun:

I hit ok and it looked like they were merged properly, so I hit build patch. Was that correct or should I have done something differently?

The patch is taking ages to build this time which is much different from last time so I have not had a chance to load the game and see if it worked yet. I will make another post when I do.

Oblivion seems to have booted up fine. But it is hard to immediately tell if the All Natural Weather is working or some of the other smaller things such as the Additional Changes for UOPS and USIPS as mentioned in my previous post screenshot.

Yes it takes longer to build (or rebuild) your bashed patch when it is deactivating mods and merging them into the bashed patch. I've also found that the longer my load list has grown the longer it takes to rebuild the patch. If the merged ESPs have green text and a plus in the box they are properly merged as far as I know.

I'm a long way from being a Wrye Bash expert. Anything I know about it I've gleaned from the two readme HTMLs I previously mentioned.

Gotcha. Thanks so much for your help! I have been working my way through the readme's but I clearly started to jump before I could walk there.

I just rebuild the patch again and ran into this error report:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bash\basher.pyo", line 7044, in Execute
MemoryError
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bash\basher.pyo", line 14220, in Execute
File "bash\basher.pyo", line 5723, in SaveSettings
File "bash\basher.pyo", line 2709, in OnCloseWindow
File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 2249, in save
File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 269, in save
File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 2003, in save
File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1501, in untemp
File "shutil.pyo", line 302, in move
File "shutil.pyo", line 130, in copy2
File "shutil.pyo", line 83, in copyfile
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Oblivion Mods\\Bash Mod Data\\INI Data\\Table.dat'

Bash seems to freeze when it hits that "MemoryError" but then proceedes and brought up the following data/error report. It does not seem to be affecting anything, but any time I see an error I get a little concerned.

Edited by Z7Sakari

Err ... I don't remember walking over to your place. Problem solved by Z7Sakari with slight nudge along the way by Striker maybe.

Don't know about you, but I only learn anything of value by making mistakes (don't learn squat from doing things right). You have a lot better chance of skinning a knee and learning something by running than you do walking or crawling.

I've read through both those readmes a couple of times at least and yet I still run into something where I need to find the relevant part and go over it again. There's a lot of info crammed in there.

• 3 weeks later...