Dealing with "The family"

Umberstone

Seriously? Killing and eating to survive? There is no "cannibal disease" they are only eating people out of a sick psychological problem not out of survival they will not die if they dont eat human meat or drink blood(in fact blood is proven to be indigestible) they are just sick minded people no different from Raider's blood lust.

Kill, Kill, Kill.

Seriously? Killing and eating to survive? There is no "cannibal disease" they are only eating people out of a sick psychological problem not out of survival they will not die if they dont eat human meat or drink blood(in fact blood is proven to be indigestible) they are just sick minded people no different from Raider's blood lust.

Kill, Kill, Kill.

yup. they're all psychopaths. Vance is a nut. Ian is a schitzy, so is the rest of Vance's little club. i say rip them apart with bullets! or bombs, or swords or whatever tickles yer fancy

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I just went in there with my evil character and killed them all before talking to Ian, you can deliver the letter and go back to King and finish the quest, but killing 6 people for no real reason other than not liking that they drink blood or possibly eat people "as you never see them do it" seems evil.. I don't really think the family did anything to Arefu I believe Ian did it but had been seen with Vance cuz he knew him, and when Ian went crazy and killed his parents and the cattle I think the Family got blamed for Ian's actions just cuz he knew them.. And the Family never actual did anything..

Sorry I pressed a button and it posted my unfinished Message, I don't what did it.

The prof is in the Pudding as another user said, cuz you never see anyone from the family out in the waste they instead stay inside the rail way station unless you tell Vance to protect Arefu and he sends Justin to protect the town and they give him the Abandon Shack outside of town, my gripe with this quest is why you the Player can't choose to protect them and get the empty shack I'd love to be able to live there instead of Tenpenny or Megaton

Edited by Dumbbus

Thank you for necro-reviving this thread. I've struggled with this too and I've realized that only an evil PC would decide to kill Vance and his group. There's no indication that they've been anything but a somewhat minor nuisance and Ian was the only real issue ... and that is solved in the in-game story. And Lucy doesn't seem to even care after the fact anyway making the decision way more ambiguous than it was before.

Edited by CarlCorey

my gripe with this quest is why you the Player can't choose to protect them and get the empty shack I'd love to be able to live there instead of Tenpenny or Megaton

Oh, BTW, Brackzilla created a player home in Arefu and I expanded the mod a little to tie in with the Blood Ties quest: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/21954/?