ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

~Mystic World~

RedRocketTM

((I'm sorry if my grammar isn't the best, but I'm trying and willing to learn, so please do not judge too hard.))

Introduction:

I figured this RPG to work as a free form role play for everyone, and every character, no matter where he's from, or who he is.

The setting is a world full of magic, far away from all technology. Technical Stuff brought in won't work at all. Once you arrive here, you're stuck. There's no way out.

There seems to be nothing - except huge forests, blue rivers and seas, high mountains...

You'll never know, who you'll meet next, as several races and life forms even from far away worlds got trapped here before.

Races: All allowed! ;)

Rules:

Not much, but some rules are necessary.

- This is meant to be a free RPG, so everybody may take part, humans as well as elves, orcs, alien races and even androids or such. (No applys are needet, just start playing and have fun!)

- There are several ways to enter this world. Either by dying in your old life, and just awakening in Mystic World, or by entering a portal or maybe just by wish. No matter how you get here, you'll never come back. This world is a one way journey, and once you arrived here, you have to struggle on your own. Nothing will be as it used to.

- Entering this world, you can appear everywhere. You might awake at a see, or find yourself lying in the shadows of a hugh tree, it doesn't really matter where you exit, unless you do exit. :)

- If there's anything you must say OOC and cannot hold it back, please be sure to keep it short, and type it under your current RP posting, marked with ((...)). For example:

((Hey dude, did you really have to be that nasty?))

But remember to avoid OOC as far as possible!

- There are no rules for fighting at all, as this is meant to be a free form RPG. If you wish to solve conflicts violently, stay fair, and always give your opponent the time to react! Don't use poweremotes. If you don't know how to describe a fight then just don't fight, or at least it's learning by doing. ^^

- Guess that's all so far, but as this is the first post, please refere to it, if you take part here. It may be changed for some rules, if it becomes necessary.

The beginning

((This is a short story about the world we'll play in, and in addition this might be the starting point for the first participant.))

By the time the sun sets once agein, and makes space for the rising moon, and glittering stars in the sky, the forest lies peaceful and calm. There's nothing to hear, except the slight movement of grass in the evening's soft wind, and the sound of the nearby sea. Soon the trees are covered by darkness, and shadows hide in darkest black. But within the shadows there's another movement. Almost unseen, but if you concentrate on the darkness, you might see the soft glow of two red eyes, rushing through the night.

They belong to a well-formed body, which doesn't seen to have any problems finding the way through the shadows. A crimson cloak coveres the back of that person, and long white hair floats down his shoulders.

It must be a long while, he's hunting through the forest, his movement both; silent and full of elegance, until he stops for no reason.

Really no reason, you might ask yourself. And while your eyes are stil searching the darkness for any hint, you'll notice some kind of light, coming from behind the next trees. The stranger too, seems to realize it, and a soft smile is shown on his lips. Before you could even say a sinlge word he walks on.

As you cross a small alley, you will know, where the light comes from. A lonesome house, all made of wood is standing in the middle of some trees, the door lighted up with a torch on each side.

In the unsteady light of those, you can look at the stranger a little further, if only for seconds. With skin as dark as the night itself, and pointed ears, you should finally know, what he is. A drow...

But what is a drow doing here at the surface? If you decide to follow him, you'll see the door open on its own, as he reaches it. This place must seem familliar, but even a little scary.

The darkelf steps in, and the door won't close unless you follow him, or decide to turn around and leave this place.

Inside the house it is warm and dry. A fire in the chimney is lighting up the room, as well as some candles, standing around burning. Everything seems well cleaned up, but in a special way also left.

Without turning back the drow takes off his cloak, just letting it fall onto the floor and walkes towards the table. No words are spoken, but the table seems to be made up for at least two people to have their evening meal here. The stranger smiles again, then nodds, turning to one of the several bookshelves.

Quickly, he takes one out. "Cronicles of Mystic World XII" the title is displaying. He sits down in a comfortable chair, leans back and opens the book on an empty page. If you'd watch over his shoulder, you will notice the words, appearing all out of nothing:

...until he decided to come back home, his way well known. He rushed through the dark, almost without producing any noise, just as he is used to. The gates opened for him, like they always do for everybody and he stepped in. With a short smile he noticed the table, beeing set up for dinner, before he turned to the shelf to take out his book. Leaning back in his seat, Daeron is reading the words, magically appearing in sight of his own red eyes, no more noticing the world around him. But this time he shouldn't be alone...

Suddenly Daeron closes the book, which is falling down on the floor with a rude sound, that seems unnormally loud for that kind of place. Quickly he's turning around, his eyes widened, and a cold shiver running down his neck. Narrowed red eyes, soft glowing in the room's twilight are staring into the shadows behind him. "Anybody here...?" He whisperes softly, his whole body freezing in tension.

- OOC: Okay, let's keep an order for our posts, otherwise two or more participants post at the same time. ^^

1. Kuschel-Drow

2. Tiberiu

3. TheVolture

If there are new people to join, they might just slip into the row, and I will put them in the list above.

Notes:

- changed order due to a quick response (updated 8/16/2006)

(( Oh just forgot: That's me, Daeron http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7/00dae...lversiondl9.jpg ))

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<OOC il join, this is me, Raistlin http://img200.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r...assface1tu4.png. Just for the enlightment, Raistlin is the greatest mage to have ever lived in the Dragonlance series of books. This will hopefully be my last ooc sorry again>

Unseen, Raistlin follows the misterios drow, for no logical reason at all. Him, solitary and cold as winter itself, decides to follow a complete stranger. He hides in a dark corner of the anormally peacefull room, and observes Daeron. The dark elf seems to have noticed his presence...

"Anybody here...?"

''You wear the shadowns well, dark elf. It would seem I saw something in you, something that made me follow you. My magic is great, so I warn you. What is this place? Where am I?''

Ok, I hate to be the voice of reason here (ok, no I don't), but you said "Technical Stuff brought in won't work at all. " And then you said "and even androids or such". So I guess every android's first and only post will be "*enters world* *dies*"? The two kind of contradict each other, as androids are vastly higher on the technology scale than the things most people worry about excluding from fantasy games. Or does that just mean I can use anything lower in tech level than an android?

And we'll just ignore the complete shattering of the laws of physics involved here. To make "technical stuff" not work, nothing else in the world would either. If my rifle doesn't work, your sword doesn't work.

((Argh... Peregrine, can't you do that per PM? As I named Androids as a race, they too have the meaning of a race in this world. E.g. even if they consist of pure technique, they live. What I meant that wouldn't work were things like notebooks, mobile phones and their networks, or maybe television. Clear now? It's just that you can play whatever you want.))

With a last glance at the dark corner, Daeron starts to smirk.

"Oh... And who told you, that my magic is worse? Who told you, that this place isn't even more magical than your own power?"

His voice is no more than a soft whisper when he gets up. Only two quick steps and he is able to face his opponent in the dancing shadows, the candles are producing.

"So... you were going to threat me, right boy?"

He smiles again, while letting a few secounds pass, until he goes on.

"But to be honest... I'm not in the mood for a fight. You might go, grab the book and find out for yourself. If you only dare, off course."

With an innocent look he just turns around again, taking the two steps back to his seat near the chimney to lean back, carefully watching Raistlin and the book.

It must be magical, at least it writes itself... The stories of every wanderer who might one day enter this house will be written down and stored here for further Visitors. You'll find your own story too. But that's not all...

He explains calmly, and if it wasn't really new to him.

Raistlin squirks. He pulls out his staff, the Staff of Magius. His lips start to move, as he prononces theese words.

Sharak!

Light now invades the peacefull room.

Heh. You are of no use to me dead, dark elf. I dont need a book to tell me my story. I was once called the master of present and past. That was... so very long ago. Before the... Nevermind.

The slight green light comming from the Staff of Magius illuminates Raislin's face. He gave everything for magic, his own lifeforce. In his strange yellow eyes, you could of sworn to have seen a deep tradgedy (w/e spelling).

I was in my laboratory. Studing an old book, older than the wordl itself. As I stumbled across one page, I got transported here... When I woke up, I saw you. Im far away from home. Your magic may be more powerfull than mine, but that doesnt matter. Nothing matters anymore...

Raistlin turns his hourglass eyes into the book Daeron was speaking of! That couldnt be! He though it was only a legend.

Is that...? It cant be... Raistlin rushes to the book like a kid to a cone of ice cream. As he passes next to Daeron, he looks into his eyes.

Do you know what I see in you? I see a man who never dies. Hmph. Everywhere I look, I see death. Flowers die in my sight, birds too, people, EVERYTHING ! But you, dark elf, you remain the same. I am cursed to see the life escape... Where am I? Does'nt matter now, does it! Hah... Now if you dont mind, il go... there, by the table.

His black robes touch the ground swiftly as he walks towards his target. Raistlin approaches the book, and picks it up. He opens on the first page, and the words magically appear to him.

...- Raist, dont!!!

''I dont need you anymore, brother! I am strong enougth now, get out of my way!''

'' Raist, you wear the black robes...''

I didnt need him anymore. I didnt need any of them anymore... I finally found it! They never trusted me. They dont even deserve to live. As his brother approaches, Raistlin the Corrupt launches a fireball, nearly killing his own brother. In his eyes...

"That was long ago... Heh" he turns to Daeron, who is sits in his chair. He carefully palces the book on the table, and says: Now what?

By the time the room is lightened, Daeron quickly covers his eyes, as light still hurts appearing all out of a sudden. He breathes deeply, then takes down his arm again.

"Don't do that again, Mage!"

He growls, twinkling as he familiarizes the light around him. When his eyes meet those of raistlin, for a short moment he remains still. There was something in it, but he couldn't tell what it might be. Several people, races and individuals he has met during the times he spent in that misterious world, but none of such interest than this obviousely human magician in front of him. A few secounds pass, until his voice sounds up ageain, calm and almost whispering.

"It doesn't matter who you have been, or who you are. All that matters, is what you will be here, wheather you'll survive this dream, or nightmare or whatever you may call it for yourself, or get stuck in boredom."

When Raistlin starts to explain how he came to this world, Daeron is looking at him directly, but without saying a word. Another while passes, then he stands up, still observing the mage, who rushes to the book.

Trying to get what it is writing about him, he stll listens to Raistlins words, sightly confused by now.

"What the hell are you talking about? What does that mean? Look, I'm only a fighter. To be honest, I know less about magic than supposely everyone else in this damned world. If there's anything that I should know, then tell me, but not in riddles, I beg you..."

His last sentence might sound a little ironical, but he doesn't mind at all. With all manageable tranquillity he now turns towards the table, a light smile spreading on his lips.

"I suggest we'd have our dinner, just to rest a bit, while I try to explain the whole thing to you. I don't know much, but at least a little, enough to handle this situation. Oh and - if lunch doesen't fit to you, just wish you had another, you'll get whatever you want, believe me. What about a cup of hot tea, since it's cold outside?"

His words are not fully spoken, when a steamy cup of well smellig tea appears on the table, just beneath the chair he then sits down on.

"Nothing is impossible here. Just make sure you're careful with your wishes."

He mumbles with a grin, while reaching for his cup and waiting for Raistlin to take a seat.

outside, on the front porch. a portal opens, filled with fire and magic. as there is a sound of a thunder clap, a warrior stumbles out. the man fell to his knees, his hands drenched in blood. the man was clad in crimson armor, his sheild bearing a symbol similar to an unfinished A. His eyes were filled with dancing, black magic. He pulled an arrow from his side, and his wound disappeared. He stood, black magic crackling on his finger tips. he eyed his new enviroment. took two strides toward the door.

What magic is this?.... answer me u fools or suffer my wrath!!

he looked cautiously at the 2 people in front at him. his hand had changed into a black tendril, ready to lash out at any moment.

Raistlin realeses one of his most back-chilling evil laughters ever.

- Tea? Il pass. You do have things to tell me, dark elf. I wish to know who is responsible for this, for I wish to end it, or at least, find a meaning to it. Let us sit down shall we?

The mage and the fighter both have a seat, and as they get ready to speak, a portal oppens just outside the porch of the door, and a man in armor comes out. He looks confused, and Raistlin can tell he has some aptitudes in magic... Perhaps he could be of use.

''What magic is this?.... answer me u fools or suffer my wrath!!''''

''Is that the best you can do? Dont treathen me, worm. Belive me, you are not one tenth as pissed off as I am. I can see... the life... flowing away from your body. You are still mortal. I dont belive you will last long with that wound, casting a spell would simply fatigue you. ''

Raistlin casts a protective magic shield:

''Mrov 'kas!

Cast your little trick at me and it will backfire. The dark elf is... of use for me, so dont attempts anything either. Now I want answers now. And you might want to tell us what your story is, warrior. If revenge you seek, to the bad place you came.''

Raistlin has a seat, as if nothing of this ever happened.

You might also want to tell me your story, why am I here, and perhaps... your name, Dark Elf. Raistlin was keeping it to himself, but something in Daeron has caught his attention. With his hourglass eyes, he was literally scanning every centimeter of the drow's soul.

''Hmmm... Potential.''

With an amused smile, Daeron lifts his cup to drink a bit first. Nothing he could tell the mage would probably do anything to cheer him up, on contrary, he'd just be more upset than ever. With that thought the dark elf just giggles, then puts down his cup of tea again to lean back relaxed, as if everything would be fine.

"Hey, c'mon, calm down a little bit. You should get used to this place, as you'll never leave it again."

He points with a grin, his eyes not drifting off the appearance of the mage. When the strange dark magic fighter enters the room, he only gives it a sigh.

"I always wonder how people can get that terribly agressive, just because of things, they do not understand. Either you'll stop threaten us, or you'll be the one to lose anyway."

He addresses the stranger while stil observing Raistlin casting his spell. So many drow mages he'd seen by now, most of them just as self-assured and arrogant than this human mage tends to be, but with the fact that they knew what they were capable of. Raistlin would first have to prove his power. But he doesn't seem to show any fear, and that is, what makes him only intresting the more. All human he knew would run off a drow for sure, at least until they discover his true behaviour.

"Very well stranger, listen to the mage's words, and if that doesn't appear enough to you, I stil have my blades. I suppose you can imagine that I know how to use them, as I practised it for a lifetime now, an even longer. Your magic won't even harm me the way it would do to him."

Pointing at Raistlin he finally keeps stil for a while. Although he doesn't know who the one is, that shortly stepped in, he also keeps sitting, regarding the mage to simply do the same.

"My name is Daeron..."

He then continues, stil watching the stranger standing at the door.

"And if our friend finally decides to take a seat too, or at least silences a little bit, I might be able to tell you what I know about this world, especially this kind of guest house we're currently in. There's much you need to know, and some stuff which would make life easier here. But with all that interupting..."

Crossing his arms Daeron shakes his head. It isn't new to him that some creatures only tend to be dangerous, mostly for the reason of incomprehension, but one gets used to this kind of situation after a while.

the warriors hand regains its original shape, his black, cold eyes turn into crystal blue ones. He takes of his battered helmet, and places it on a nearby table. he starts to talk, then pauses reminded of his wound.

I am Falcath, General and Grandmaster of the Spartacanus Guild. I was, only moments ago fighting for my life. The enemies, the Syphus Guild. judging by your looks, u kno nothing of what im talking about.

the warrior, changed into a kind- hearted gentlemen. He leaned on a nearby wall, magic surged thru his hands, his wound disappeared. He looked up at the 2 beings in front of him, he had never seen anything like them both, judging from the ones staff and robes, he was a powerful mage, as was he. The other a swift fighter, as was he. He relaxed, and became strangeley comfortable in the company of these "freaks"

Well, now that we have met, would u be so kind as to explain to me as to where the hell i am!

Archived