Darn UI default menu's font works fine

theapeleader

I use the manual install and followed all the instructions to a T looked at the FAQ and nothing on it. Basically the fonts work fine I check to make sure I got all the data folders etc were right and they are. I have steam version, but all the menu's are default style and I get the new font. Any ideas?

Not sure if archive invalidation issues affect menus or not, but it won't hurt to try.

When Steam got ahold of Oblivion they arbitrarily decided to redate all of the default game BSA files. The simplest way to take care of getting the dates back to 2006 where they should be is using Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). Click on the Utilities button and select Archive Invalidation. In the Archive Invalidation dialogue select BSA Redirection, click on Reset BSA Timestamps and then click Update Now. That will take care of archive invalidation and fixing the BSA file's dates.

Not sure if archive invalidation issues affect menus or not, but it won't hurt to try.

When Steam got ahold of Oblivion they arbitrarily decided to redate all of the default game BSA files. The simplest way to take care of getting the dates back to 2006 where they should be is using Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). Click on the Utilities button and select Archive Invalidation. In the Archive Invalidation dialogue select BSA Redirection, click on Reset BSA Timestamps and then click Update Now. That will take care of archive invalidation and fixing the BSA file's dates.

Confirmed this works.

I had the exact same problem with menu's not showing up, but the new fonts were being used. Had to back-date the bsa's (I use mod organizer), and now the menus work fine.