New Vegas Content into Fallout 3

detectivep

So, would it be possible to port some New Vegas content into Fallout 3 (providing that the user has both games)? I'd really think it would be fun to have some of the faction armors to wear in 3, and, say, to have some of the creatures running about the wastes. I'd be especially fond of having a replacement of Dogmeat for Rex. I'm sure it's possible-I've seen ports from Stalker and that's not even on the same engine.

Nope. It's not legal. You cannot use assets from another game, even if they were produced by the same company. You would need to recreate those models, textures, etc. from scratch to avoid legal issues/banhammer.

It's against this site's rules to port content from one game to another without permission from the original creators. That includes Bethesda and Obsidian as well as other modders' work. Uploading it will get you banned.

So, would it be possible to port some New Vegas content into Fallout 3 (providing that the user has both games)? I'd really think it would be fun to have some of the faction armors to wear in 3, and, say, to have some of the creatures running about the wastes. I'd be especially fond of having a replacement of Dogmeat for Rex. I'm sure it's possible-I've seen ports from Stalker and that's not even on the same engine.

Perfectly fine to do for your own game, but that's as far as I would take it.

Alright, response time.

Fars legality goes- I'm not sure what the policy is, but legally it's fine as long as the user of the material legally owns both games. This comes up all the time in Source games, specifically Counter Strike and Garry's Mod, which both often have mods and addons that are ports.

And if it would be simple to do what Nadin suggested, I'd be happy with that if it could get my intended results.

Alright, response time.

Fars legality goes- I'm not sure what the policy is, but legally it's fine as long as the user of the material legally owns both games. This comes up all the time in Source games, specifically Counter Strike and Garry's Mod, which both often have mods and addons that are ports.

And if it would be simple to do what Nadin suggested, I'd be happy with that if it could get my intended results.

This

Now, THAT ain't legal. I think.

Calling the nearest moderator---what's the protocol for back-porting scripts?

Nadin, I have some pertinent questions concerning some custom models and textures for personal use concerning this topic. It's detailed in the this thread here:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/258552-dusters-and-advanced-combat-armor/

Basically I just need to know what to do in order to complete what I had set out to do originally, but I thought this thread might be able to help me do that.