Favorite F3 moments, what are yours ?

manho221

My best memory of something crazy and funny happened when I was playing the Zombie Apocalypse mod. I discovered a scavenger (the ones you can trade with) fighting off about 30 zombies under a bridge underpass. I thought what the heck I would like to trade so I helped this dude fight off the zombies. When they were dead we stood under the bridge sharing a smoke and trading. Then he suddenly went ape and started shooting his gun at me and yelling. I thought wtf? I didn't try to steal from him! why is he attacking me? So I had to fight back and then when he died he turned into a zombie right in front of me... I was like... whaaaa? omg! I shot him of course, but I felt really bummed and paranoid.

Turns out I had skipped the bit of the Read Me that talked about the infection spreading to NPCs - yikes. Very cool mod

I was roaming around the DC area with my railway rifle, v2. I walk up some stairs leading to a bridge and I come face to face with a super mutant. The only thing I did was what I do best, shoot it in the head. When I decapitated it, I notice the head was pinned to a nearby wall.

I used to be big on roaming the waste hunting down raider and outcast patrols. I had spotted an outcast patrol and decided to sneak up on them with my chinese stealth suit and drop a few grenades.. but when i got to the patrol they were all suddenly dead and a few had missing limbs. I looked around for deathclaws and scorpions but didn't find anything. Was odd..plus whatever killed them had to do it fast since i didn't hear gunfire.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just messing around in Megaton and gave Butch the Experimental MIRV, along with mini-nukes and a few other weapons.

Forgetting about it, I then went to do a mission. (forget which one.)

About halfway through our trek through the Wasteland we were ambushed by a raider party.

I drew my Chinese Assault Rifle, (which is one of my favourite guns) and began shooting.

I then heard a weird noise that I had heard before but didn't recognise.

Myself, the Raiders and Butch were all blown to bits thanks to Butch and his little toy.

It was worth it though because I lol'd so hard.

I was walking past the temple of the union when very randomly my companion Fawkes runs in front of me and over the next hill. Well i stopped traveling to wait for him because this had happened before. Ater about 10 minnutes i decided to keep traveling without him because i knew he would catch up eventually. I reach my destination and he still wasnt with me so i fast traveled back to the temple of the union. Well i found fawkes but he ran ahead of me over the same hill again!

• 2 weeks later...
My first weekend playing the game was intense. I think 20 hours before the weekend was over. Anyways I was in super duper mart killing all of the raiders, which afterwords i grabbed all the loot. Then I pressed the intercom on the one of the desks and I heard more raiders coming in from the entrance! It was a surprising, creative, and at the same time scary experience for me that was impressive.

One of my favourite parts is in the point lookout DLC.

*Spoiler* When you are walking through Calvert's Mansion and all the Tribals are smashing through walls to kill you. So yeah, I kill all resistance I find and I narrowly miss the roof from collapsing on me (When a tribal falls through the top floor onto the table. Made me laugh)

But yeah, onwards to the killing and I go upstairs and enter a room and then suddenly. BAM! The floor gives way and you fall all the way to the basement.

I laughed at my character's misfortune.

• 2 months later...
I gotta agree that the Point Lookout mansion quest was great. Falling through the floor was a surprize and pretty cool, but finding the wine cellar down there was awesome! My character was addicted to alcohol at the time, and immediately stocked up on like 50 bottles of wine. He could hardly move but sure was happy :)