32 hours total, and I feel like I'm done with this game.

Chaosblade02

I really can see how this game gets boring if you play easy-normal/normal with guns oriented character and spam stimpaks. Playing as melee/explosives and unarmed/energy weapons styled characters with hard/hardcore really gives me great time with this game.

I've played approximately 170 hours now and I'm still getting pumped up. And I don't know what am I typing, but I guess it's important to let you know this xD

I hit endgame following the house quests at lvl 19 (40 hours) - big mistake lol (let's just say it gets... tough, or at least one particular npc does), reverted to an older save to go cruise the wasteland and check stuff out to at least hit lvl 30 - after that I wanna finish it the few other ways etc.

being a relatively low level and taking on quests like that + running hardcore mode has made the storyline a massive challenge almost every step of the way, wonder if it'll be the same at lvl 30?

I hit endgame following the house quests at lvl 19 (40 hours) - big mistake lol (let's just say it gets... tough, or at least one particular npc does), reverted to an older save to go cruise the wasteland and check stuff out to at least hit lvl 30 - after that I wanna finish it the few other ways etc.

being a relatively low level and taking on quests like that + running hardcore mode has made the storyline a massive challenge almost every step of the way, wonder if it'll be the same at lvl 30?

But the last what you do should be your personal best way, cause if this game gets DLC's you will have a good start i think? Like FO3... i made the good choice and with the DLC i had fresh water, i didnt know what happens if you made the wrong choice? Can someone tell me? What happens in FO3 1st DLC if you destroyed the water thing?.. I know it Off Topic.. just want to know.

This game really isn't that great, because its using an outdated engine, making the game similar to games I have played before, FA3, Oblivion, etc, so most of the stuff that was supposed to be interesting, like exploration, was just the same old same old for me on this. So basically I didn't just grab all loot and pack rat it back to the vendor to sell it, I almost never looted anything that wasn't a special weapon or armor, or an item I needed for a quest. The whole game just seemed kinda bland to me, more like an expansion for FA3, than a new game. The only enemies that were remotely challenging to beat were Death Claws, and once I got a Sniper Rifle, that problem was immediately solved. Super Mutants weren't as bad because they didn't ignore my DT. I completed a good portion of the quests, at least the important and rewarding ones. Do I feel like making another build? Not really. Nor do I feel any need to replay the game with an artificial challenge. I am not buying any more games made on the gamebyro engine. Making another game on this engine would be beating a dead horse.

I liked FO3 better than this.

PHEW, I thought I was the only one.

They could have done SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better, I was really looking foward to the new type of gameplay and the patine of the ol rustic west.

Instead they ruined it by reusing so many models etc it is a s*** basket.

The old "mines" arent mines at all but reused caverns from FA3.

And half of the spots to explore aren't even interesting.

The downed B29 in lakemead you can't even do anything with it or go inside it, no special objects nothing wtf? Why even put this on the map?

I'm 72 hours in and I havent even entered the strip yet. To me this game is MUCH bigger than FO3.

My first impressions were bad, but after this much play time I have come to realise the huge amount of things that make New Vegas so much better than FO3.

Sure it feels like an expansion and not a new game, but it's one huge expansion.

i had just gotten to the strip on 71 hours.... and I totally regret going in there... SO MUCH STUFF TO DO!!! SO MANY DECISIONS!!! ARGGH!

I have just finished my first playthrough of New Vegas. I got to level 25 in about 45 hours on hardcore mode. I played most of the game as a "good" character. WHat

My main gripe about New Vegas is that I paid $60 for what was essentially an expansion pack to Fallout 3. They are not the first company to make sequels out of recycled content, but at least most other developers didn't try to bull**** their fans. For example, Rockstar made spin-offs of Vice City and Liberty City. They named the games accordingly, so that you expected many things to be identical to the original games(GTAIII and Vice City). Moreover, they only charged $30 for these titles.

My Second Gripe would be the user interface, if they are going to make this big-ass world to explore, couldn't they take some time to make a decent UI? The fact Even The first Neverwinter Nights game had a better inventory management than FO3/NV. You couldn't sort by weight, or search by name, and the categories were way too general(there were 4 general categories, each of which could've used subcategories, such as food/drugs for the aid tab, or hats/suits for the apparel tab.).

My last gripe is the crafting system. It seems as though the weapon mods were few and far between, and even when I devoted a good chunk of time and effort collecting items, I hardly ever had the ingredients to craft anything worthwhile. IN F03, I had several homemade weapons, and the warlord feat(saving me the time it'd take to collect all the schematics). In New Vegas, All I really crafted was party time mentats and hand-loaded ammo.

My last gripe is the lack of dual-wield weapons. I mean come on, you make a Southwestern themed game, and you can't wield a knife and a pistol(or two pistols) at the same time?

Here are the things I did like about New Vegas:

-The world is huge, and gives a feeling of freedom. The player is never pulled by the nose. There are always quests to do, and sites to see.

-Strength has become more useful, and allow the player to use larger guns. Likewise, the "heavy" weapons from FO3(rocket launcher, flamer, mini-gun), have been re-assigned categories.

- The player can have two good characters or two evil characters and still have two very different games. Most other rpgs require you to play through the game with both an evil character and a good character in order to see all the quests(E.G. Tenpenny Tower and Megaton from FO3).

-There is a wider selection of weapons to choose from.

I believe that the OP may be used to more linear games such as Neverwinter NIghts and Final Fantasy(Franchises I myself enjoy, although they are still very different from the Bethesda games). In most other rpg titles, there is essentially two paths, good and evil.