Can't Enter Tranquality Lane

Cremdogz

I've made a previous topic about the fact that I couldn't swim then save or just about do anything afterwards which currently, no one has helped for.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/258204-ctd-after-swimming/

Now it seems I have another problem, one that really does need fixing. Not only can I not go to Point Lookout without it crashing, but I can't enter Tranquility Lane either. I badly need to get these to work, especially the latter, can anyone help me with these?

EDIT: I just read somewhere that I should use the v1.0.0.15 patch only. I have the 1.7 patch installed. I thought that would be better, but is this actually causing these problems? If so, how do I change it back? And of course, download the old patch, I don't think the official website has it anymore.

EDIT 2: While I was going to Add/Remove programs, I relised that fallout 3 is in it's original version, it hasn't been updated at all. And I can't update it for some reason. It says that it can't find the original file. So why won't the patch install?

EDIT 2: While I was going to Add/Remove programs, I relised that fallout 3 is in it's original version, it hasn't been updated at all. And I can't update it for some reason. It says that it can't find the original file. So why won't the patch install?

solve this before trying to solve the other issues

You need the 1.7 patch

Okay, I got the mod Tranquility Lane - Custom Race Workaround and it let me in and complete the quest. I think there is an item in my inventory that makes the game crash when it's removed, and I think it's a Live Iguana. Every time I sell that thing it crashes the game instantly. While the mod created a weird quest problem, it let me finish the quest, so I'm very thankful for it. Please not that I'm not using FOOK or a custom race. Please note that now that I'm out of Tranquility Lane, I've removed that mod and updated my merged patch, so my mods are the same as in the load order I've already put up.

However, I have a new problem. I can't finish the Waters of Life quest. The quest itself works fine, however, when James asks me to open that valve in the tunnels (when the Enclave arrives) I can't save, and it crashes. I've tried getting through the quest itself by not saving the whole way through, and when I get to the point where I'm getting near the Citadel in the tunnels (there's a Nuka Cola Quantum nearby) it just crashes, so I can't actually complete the quest. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the problem is, but I have one.

I also haven't tested Point Lookout yet, which I probably should've done :S

EDIT: Jericho is my companion in this place. I've gotten him to stay where he is and I've even fired him before entering that tunnel, and it hasn't changed anything.