You Can't Go Out There Without a Name...

Rhydderch Hael

My newest character, Cassie-the-Assassin-Who-Dresses-Up-Like-a-Cop, just had her turn at taking on the Grand Champion of the Arena (for the record: 3 hits, 1 miss, and she killed Agronak without having crossed the gate).

Thing is, it was harder (and in fact, took longer) to choose her Arena name than it took to fight the match. Had trouble choosing between three of the most likely candidate names: The Black Arrow, Shadowstep, or The Messenger of Death. Names like Lady Luck and the Iron Maiden dropped out of the running rather early, but they were at least in the running.

My Breton Spellsword prior to Cassie's run took on the name Dragonheart, but that was more a begrudged default from what I deemed to be a mediocre selection of names that didn't quite fit that character.

I'm wondering what the general consensus is as to the most popular Arena name one is apt to adopt to their favorite character.

My newest character, Cassie-the-Assassin-Who-Dresses-Up-Like-a-Cop, just had her turn at taking on the Grand Champion of the Arena (for the record: 3 hits, 1 miss, and she killed Agronak without having crossed the gate).

Thing is, it was harder (and in fact, took longer) to choose her Arena name than it took to fight the match. Had trouble choosing between three of the most likely candidate names: The Black Arrow, Shadowstep, or The Messenger of Death. Names like Lady Luck and the Iron Maiden dropped out of the running rather early, but they were at least in the running.

My Breton Spellsword prior to Cassie's run took on the name Dragonheart, but that was more a begrudged default from what I deemed to be a mediocre selection of names that didn't quite fit that character.

I'm wondering what the general consensus is as to the most popular Arena name one is apt to adopt to their favorite character.

1st of all, i think it is so weird you happend to mention those 3 names :

Shadowstep used to be my 1st char's name, The Black Arrow is my current char name(Akis, look below ;) ) , Meesanger of Death is my brother's char name. I do always usually pick my names for a specific reasom -picked my current name (the black arrow) becouse im famouse to be wearing a black shrouded armor along with black angel wings (once again- look below ;) ). Shadowstep is obvios, my character was no other than a thief char, having 96 agility points, and using 85 chamelion. So thats the way i chose it. You might have some other reason... Anyway it doesnt matter to me at all , i have a mod so the battle starts instantly and there are no anouncments heard :wacko: And anyway what does it matter ? so youll hear it being said once a week on a battle. Just toss a coin if you like either way, screw it...

THE DIVINE AVENGER!!!!!!!

or The Crimson Blade

i used them both, but my main character is the divine avenger, its so catchy :D

1st char: Male, Dragonheart

2nd char: Female, Shadowstep

3rd Char: Female, Iron Maiden (Diablo II ^^)

my friends char: Male, totally random, worst name ever: Sir Slaughter.

It doesnt really matters to me. Like any said, its just a name.

For the case of Casandra Serein, I decided against "The Messenger of Death" because one of The Five Tenets is keeping your identity as one of the Dark Brotherhood a secret, after all.

I could have gone for "Shadowstep" since Sneak was the first skill Cassie was able to master (I suspect it was this mastery of Sneak that aided in her quick defeat of The Grey Prince). But she is, first and foremost, a Marks(wo)man. So I settled for "The Black Arrow".

• 8 months later...

I'm come full circle now. In the past I fretted over what name would best represent any of my characters. This time, I went for a deliberate mismatch that truly has nothing to do with the character. Which, of course, actually fit the character the best.

Cassie v3.0 became the Grand Champion yesterday, and the Arena name she chose this go 'round was ever-so-haughty "The Divine Avenger". She battled the Grey Prince in a gleaming suit of enchanted Mithril armor with a set of Shock-enchanted silver weaponry bearing names like "Skydancer Blade" and "Shard of Aetherius", the very picture of a gods-fearing chapel-attending Imperial champion of goodness and light.

Again, one of the Tenets of the Dark Brotherhood is never to openly advertise that you're a child of Sithis. Sometimes, the best disguise for a blackhearted assassin is the shiniest set of silvery armor you can find. Don't worry, she threw the entire getup into some drawers at home and never touched them again.

Of course, the way the Arena announcer called out the name had the right amount of ham to it...

"The Divine Avennnnnnnnngerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

I can't make a pure warrior character I just can't, I'm a marksman through and through. So all my names end up "The Black Arrow." Which seems fitting since the arrow I used to finish of Agronak was a Shadow Arrow. I flew through the air and nailed him in the Heart.

Archived