Combine four models in one

Sancez

Hi guys, I trying to import an armor to dragon age using blender.

The armor has 4 parts: Cuirass, Gauntlets, Greaves and Boots. The armor is already textured of course, but also the textures are in 4 parts.

So I need to make the armor one piece, and the same for the texture, so when I export it in fbx format, it can finally works.

How can I do this? :confused:

Well, hopefully the dimensions of the texture files are all similar (meaning you don't have one that is 128 x 1024 and another 1024 x 512)...or you might have to do some major texture re-working.

You do this by combining them one at a time. For the 1st object, go into UV Edit mode, select all faces and move the UVs that are positioned nicely in the center of the texture to the upper-left of the texture. Then join the 1st object to the 2nd object. Go into UV Edit mode, select all faces and notice how the 1st object is to the upper-left of the texture and the 2nd object is completely separate but inside the texture area. Select just the 2nd Objects UVs and move them to the upper-right of the texture. Join the 3rd object and do the same but move the UVs to the lower-left. Join the 4th object and move the UVs to the lower-right.

Now go into an image editor and create a new image big enough to hold all 4 images...this is where I was talking about hoping they were all the same size...have the 1st objects texture in the upper-left corner, 2nd object's texture in the upper-right, 3rd texture in the lower-left, 4th in the lower-right. Save this image.

Go back into Blender and add this new texture, select the UVs and assign the texture to them. Then delete the other materials which were individually set to each object so that only one material remains and it is the compiled texture. While in UV Edit mode, select all the faces to show the UVs. Then begin moving each set of UVs into the correct position. The 1st Object's UV is sitting outside the texture to the upper-left. Select just those UVs and move them to fit in the upper-left of the texture...if dimensions were set correctly, you should be able to line them up fairly easy. Do the same for the others. If the texture dimensions were different, you need to either resize the images to fit proportionally in the new texture or adjust the UV to match the texture such as stretching the UV along the X or Y axis to fit the now odd-shaped texture. It just depends on how you go about combining them.

LHammonds