face/skin mismatch when using AFT to turn a follower.

Solgath

so, i'm using AFT and i figured it would be cool to make lydia a vampire using the tweak options, at first it was the ugly bat face vampires, then i tried VFT and Hott vampires, but that doesn't apply to npcs like lydia, so i then found a program that lets me use normal faces for when vampires are turned, but now i have a problem, when i turn Lydia, the face and body don't match, the face is darker, not a whole lot, but darker when a vampire, easy to see in the pick i will attach to this, so i'm wondering anyway i can ifx this? any mod i can use in combo to get this to work? in the end i may turn her, and just use armor that hides the color difference but it'll always nag at me in the back of my mind >.>

this is really getting tiring, i want to make one of my followers a vampire, yet doesn't matter what i do i still get that freaking face to body mismatch, i play as a custom race, the Ningheim and my character works, so i figured if i installed the followers of the same race i should have no problem turning them with AFT or Better vampires, but nope, still get this issue >.<

You can't change NPC race to something with different skin or face structure via console, it always gives buggy faces. The only way to achieve this would be making a .esp in the creation kit where Lydia is a vampire. (don't forget to export her face when doing this or else you get the gray face bug anyway: http://www.creationkit.com/Dark_Face_Bug)

Edited by kniggit92

not using the console to change anything, i'm using amazing follower tweaks, which appears to be the cause, if i turn a follower using AFT it gives me a dark face like above, however, if i use better vampires, the custom race works fine, and i also tested on Cerwiden follower, and she looks fine using better vampires, only draw back is the sunken cheeks, which tbh i can live with, the dark face was the thing bugging me the most.

the program i found is here on nexus its called: UHFTfV - Use Human Face Texture for Vampires by Alistair77

well i'm back to square one, had it working, but then i zone outside and it resets, guess i'll have to make do, or learn how to make faces with the CK >.>

edit: i tested what i was trying to do with both custom followers of the Ningheim race, and Cerwiden, both seemed to work to begin with, then freaked once i went out side, almost thought i had it then.

Edited by Solgath

ok so, i progressed in the story and go the ability to turn into a vampire lord, i then used AFT and gave the gift of being a vampire lord to my Ningheim race follower and surprise surprise, it all works fine, even when zoning, i still get the problem if i turn them using Better Vampires, but hey, vampire followers, with the power to transform, that's what i'm talking about :D

ok, sorry to be double posting and all that, just want people to be able to see what i had to do to get this working, for me personally i use UNP Replacer Configuration Package, which has an option to add a "better facegen" do not use this if you plan on doing any vampire turning on followers, it screws the face, i have found out that i have fixed my issue, on both vanilla followers, Ningheim followers, and Cerwiden using the AFT option to turn them into vampire lords. hope this helps anyone who uses the UNP version like i do, not sure on actual body setting however, mine are when using the UNP replacer:

UNP Skinny, UNP delicate body, UNP shaved and XP32 skeleton.