Dark Brotherhood blues

Lehcar

Does anyone else find it painfully ironic that by the end of the DB questline, all the lovable killers you knew at the beginning are dead? Is this supposed to be our punishment for being evil psychopath or something?

Also, when we get back to Applewatch after visiting Anvil, how come saying "But Lucien WAS NOT THE TRAITOR!" and presenting the evidence and saying "Okay, which one of you lives under the lighthouse in Anvil?" and rooting out the traitor right then and there is not an option? Even though it's already too late to save our beloved Lucien, at least it might have saved the lives of Banus and Belisarius. Then the new Listener wouldn't be left with nearly as much of a broken, disorganized, and horribly weakened mess of a Brotherhood and nearly non-existant Black Hand to work with.

And that brings me to another point. How is it Mathieu Bellamont is able to stab Banus and Belisarius once and instantly kill them with only a rusty little dagger when both of them have nice longswords? Why do they make no effort whatsoever to defend themselves and fight him?

1. Yes, luckily there is a mod for that -.-

2. When I went through the quest line I was honestly confused, I was like "wait shouldn't I be presenting evidence right now..?"

3. Game quests tend to be realistic if needed, if you stab someone good irl it would kill them... I don't like that though...

What?? A Dark Brotherhood assassin who feels pity for their intended victims?? You are unworthy!! j/k But seriously, slaying all of your fellow DB assassins is like the ultimate display of loyalty to the guild and in my opinion, your ultimate initiation into the order. You're symbolically cutting ties with useless emotions like compassion, friendship, and pity while cutting your former guildmates to ribbons (no sense wasting time with sneaking or poison apples, just let them see you coming and give them a fighting chance!) Once freed from those old ties, you are empowered to become a truly efficient murderer, realizing that there are no limits on who or what you will slay if required to do so! (I don't get invited to a lot of parties, by the way).

I find the weakened state of the guild depressing after the questline is fully completed. Heck, you're not even penalized for not getting new contracts from the Night Mother...doesn't that mean the DB isn't doing anything if there's no other Speaker? I was also questioning why the DB members who die in the Night Mother's tomb go down so easily. Real assassins should suspect everyone at all times, even moreso after a recent cleansing had taken place. Their reaction time is terrible when the stabbings begin, they deserved death IMO!