Who has little to no bugs to report here?

leeshaw85

That's good, my game doesn't work at all with this update.

Edit: Having Steam validate the files fixes the issue, it replaces both ini files with default versions. This removes the ArchiveInvalidated.bsa entry so screws up the Archive invalidation. Well done Bethesda, is having a patch that doesn't break something too much to ask?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim_uk, if you're running the steam version, firstly right click on the game in steam and goto properties, then "verify game integrity" it should replace 2 files, secondly remove the archiveinvalidated!.bsa (I think I had an .exe) and it'll work again.

Hit this link for a thread on it at the beth forums

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1139197-fallout-wont-start-after-new-patch/

There's also been mention of changing some bits in the fallout_default.ini to look like so:

SArchiveList=Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, AII-FNV!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa

This'll mean you don't have to remove the archiveinvalidation (as far as I can tell)

Jim_uk, if you're running the steam version, firstly right click on the game in steam and goto properties, then "verify game integrity" it should replace 2 files, secondly remove the archiveinvalidated!.bsa (I think I had an .exe) and it'll work again.

Hit this link for a thread on it at the beth forums

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1139197-fallout-wont-start-after-new-patch/

There's also been mention of changing some bits in the fallout_default.ini to look like so:

SArchiveList=Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, AII-FNV!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa

This'll mean you don't have to remove the archiveinvalidation (as far as I can tell)

Yeah I'd already done the game integrity, damn thing wouldn't start at all otherwise. I just tested this and it does work.....

Can fix by moving the ArchiveInvalidated.bsa entry and both fallout texture.bsa after the fallout meshes.bsa

mine looks like this now in fallout_default.ini and it seems to be working

Renaming the ArchiveInvalidated.bsa to AII-FNV!.bsa of course. My game is still crashing on exit though.

Just once I'd like a patch from the Bethesda that wasn't written by baboons randomly banging on keyboards. >:(

I dunno, the modders here are pretty good, I've had a few games break on update through steam and had to validate to fix, as far as breaking archiveinvalidated - the modders here are great and I heard at least one mod was updated within hours of the game update :)

No real problems here so far. I was pretty annoyed with the whole Archive Invalidation thing being messed up by a patch though. Took me quite a long time to find why my NV wouldn't start up properly, as I'd just installed a load of mods etc. and assumed it had been one of them that broke it....heh.

Well another patch for steam users (Not sure about everyone else, would have to be confirmed)

Fallout: New Vegas - Version 1.1.1

Companions now show up as waypoints on the map

Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away

Fix: DLC error/save corruption

Fix: Stuttering with water effects

Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.

Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched

Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk

Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption

Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings

Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction

Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list

Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked

Fix: If a companion is knocked unconscious with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn

Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam

Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight

Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS

Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND

It looks like they might have fixed the Gun Animation problem mentioned above.. funnily it was the cowboy repeater I had the most trouble with, but there's no mention of if it fixes all of what Shibster89 mentioned

Soo.. Yeah When I read the updates on Steam, I got excited. thinking wow what a Coincidence, I finally decide to speak up about the problem that iv never heard anyone else experience. I then learn that other people are experiencing it. Even better! Steam releases a patch that addresses it! ...Unfortunatly... This particular patch didnt fix it. Still happens... :wallbash: