The Amulet of Kings

Lehcar

They never explained exactly how in the heck Mankar Camoran is able to wear the Amulet of Kings even though it's made very clear that only a descendant of old Tiber Septim can wear it.

The Septims are Imperials. Mankar is most definitely not an Imperial, he's an Altmer. So um.. what? How can this be? Did he use some kind of wacko magic to bypass the "Septims only" restriction so he could wear it?

I always wondered that myself....

quote from UESP Wiki

The amulet may only be worn by certain individuals - those who can be said to have the 'Dragon Blood' in their veins. The specific requirements, however, are a subject of debate, and they may simply call for the attributes of a ruler or some divine mandate.

He is supposedly the son of Camoran Usurper who was a royal guy in Valenwood. I dunno, maybe because he has royal blood in him he can wear it...or he has crazy magic like you said to override the "Dragon Blood" rule.

In Erol Eslaf's Second Chronicles (Quae Narravi Nullo Modo Negabo), it suggests that Magic was used by Mankar to wear the amulet. In the book The Refugees, Mankar Camoran is identified as the son of the Usurper; (He is coming. He is coming, and he will bring death. He will destroy all. Lukar remembered her eyes. She was sick, but not afraid. Who was this "He" who was coming if the Camoran Usurper was dead? "Did she say nothing else?" asked Orben. "She told me the baby's name," Rosayna replied. "Mankar.").

The Camoran Usurper, Haymon Camoran (also known as the Hart-King) was one of the claimants to the throne of the Camoran Dynasty in Valenwood. Haymon was killed in battle at Dwynnen where his forces were defeated by combined High Rock kingdom forces in a naval and land battle in 3E 267.

In Mankar’s Commentaries, he identifies: The Dragon's Blood have hidden ascension in six-thousands years of aetherial labyrinth, which is Arena, which they yet deny is Oathbound; a statement regarding the conspiracy of the Septim family to deny others of royal blood their rightful place and explaining why Mankar has attacked the royal family using his Mythic Dawn cultists – he believes he is of royal birth and has Dragon’s Blood and has a claim to the throne.

His ability to wear the amulet is found in the spell provided to him by Mehrunes Dagon:

Hides of dreugh: 7 and 7, draught of Oil, 1 and 1, circles drawn by wet Dibellites: three concentric and let their lower blood fall where it may, a birth watched by blackbirds: Hearthfire 1st. Incant the following when your hearing becomes blurred: (unable to translate incantation as the page is distorted by (?)blood(?)).

There's also the fact that he only wears it in Paradise, a realm he controls. He may simply have it so that he can wear it in his own realm. I forget, does he wear it when he's on Nirn?

Yes, when you briefly see him in the Lake Arrius caverns, when he's reading from the Xarxes right before he disappears into Paradise you can see he's wearing it around his neck. strange :wacko: