New patch killed my New Vegas - constant CTD

cnuutfaace

That worked for me as well however just to be on the safe side, I am going to reinstall the game and start from scratch. the game is too new and with all the patches coming out, i knew a prob like this would happen.

Ok, got everything working, heres what I did (thanks to all for help):

1. Deleteded d2d9.dll

2. Re-edited Fallout_default.ini with my changes.

3. Uninstalled my old NVMM as there has been a new release from the original guy(s) who made fomm.

4. Reinstalled all my mods as packages using the FOMM package manager.

5. Re did the archive invalidation.

6. Closed my eyes and started NV.

It worked, my rage is slowly subsiding ... time to take it out on some helpless NCR.

:)

I have been having the same problem with the crashing as well. I have been able to get it working for the most part. Still having issues with my pipboy readus but I think thats because I am waiting on a new version of NVSE to come out. Anyway, here is what I did.

1. Open up archive invalidation and deactivate it.

2. Go into steam and verify the integrity of your game cache

3. Reactivate archive invalidation.

I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it did get the game running again for me with all my mods still working.

I am SO going to try that!

2. Re-edited Fallout_default.ini with my changes.

3. Uninstalled my old NVMM as there has been a new release from the original guy(s) who made fomm.

5. Re did the archive invalidation.

Did that, didn't work for me, but altering .bsa loading sequence in Fallout_Default.ini did:

SArchiveList=Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa

Got this from here:

http://www.gamespot....5902&pid=959559

but careful, .bsa names are wrong in that forum thread.

I hate to say but stupid Steam just downloaded ANOTHER update and now my game STILL isn't working, but I will try your solution now...

Edit - ZaAI, now that DID work! Feel your first kudos coming on...

I have been having the same problem with the crashing as well. I have been able to get it working for the most part. Still having issues with my pipboy readus but I think thats because I am waiting on a new version of NVSE to come out. Anyway, here is what I did.

1. Open up archive invalidation and deactivate it.

2. Go into steam and verify the integrity of your game cache

3. Reactivate archive invalidation.

I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it did get the game running again for me with all my mods still working.

Worked like a charm even when I forgot to deactivate AI first. Toggled it on and off instead... and wonders of wonders I can even save again. I was contemplating starting from scratch as... there were just too many ashpiles. Some looted some not... didn't even think that an AshPile would count as a "PlaceAtMe" and thus bloat the save. And of course when I did it was too late.

That is beautifully gone (or the disable then kill script DID kick in... but why would a script I built that's not about things glowing or companions chatting work?) Wonder if I should work on that corpse explosion concept my friend mentioned...

Did that, didn't work for me, but altering .bsa loading sequence in Fallout_Default.ini did:

SArchiveList=Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa

Thanks! This also worked for me. Re-Activating AI with it listed first resulted in a CTD for me no matter what I did until I saw this post and changed the order as suggested (actually, I just copied and pasted your list in place of mine). Thanks again.

Thanks! This also worked for me. Re-Activating AI with it listed first resulted in a CTD for me no matter what I did until I saw this post and changed the order as suggested (actually, I just copied and pasted your list in place of mine). Thanks again.

Amazingly this did the trick for me as well. Can launch the game normally w/o stupid crashing now.

Well, neither sterlingx2011's or ZaAI's method have worked for me. Anything else I can try? I am using the AII-FNV! version of Archiveinvalidationinvalidated! (it's on the nexus site) and I can't get the game to start with it enabled.

EDIT: I think I got it going, but my character's head is purple. Only the head. I am using Ling's coiffure mod for NV. Archiveinvalidationinvalidated is active, though.