Mods that improve male and female bodies and faces

dzhpandas

For faces the current state of the art is Oblivion Character Overhaul v2. It covers both male and female faces.

For male bodies the only choice is RobertMaleBodyReplacerV52. It offers a selection of different body options.

Female bodies is a different kettle of fish entirely. The most widely used is HGEC, thus it also has the widest range of cloth and armors created for it. The most complete and up to date version of HGEC (and there are many of versions of HGEC) is EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion. Another female body is Roberts Female Body v13. You won't find the wide selection of clothes and armor for it that HGEC has, but it is still popular enough to garner some attention.

Just recently bodies and heads in Tamriel got another upgrade with the Seamless series of mods released by Junkacc11 and Movomo. The Seamless Equipment page has links to the other resources.

Edited by Striker879

• 2 weeks later...

For ultra HD body textures I recommend the 4096x4096 HGEC High Rez skin textures which offers you a variety of options via a simple exe installer. For faces the advice of Striker is spot on.

Note that like Skyrim and Fallout you will have more success getting the most out of textures if you optimize your game. If you have a graphic card that can run ENB settings you can really make the skin look realistic. Having said that, I find Oblivion has the most trouble rendering skin in orange light. Skyrim has a nice fix for this but I haven't found one on Oblivion yet.

One thing to note about using the Hi Rez HGEC textures with either the original OCO v2 heads or the new seamless heads ... those textures will accentuate the neckseam vs OCO v2 + OCO replacement HGEC textures or vs Seamless OCO v2 heads + seamless textures included with the seamless heads download.

The best results today are go all seamless and forget the old "best" stuff.