FO:NV, Steam, and Pirating

kaburke

YES, quite right KDStudios, I wondered if I imagined that it was crashing more since the updates! Not just me then.

Thing is, Jim, a game retailer faced with the Ginny rampant, ie where I actually march into the store, fangs and claws sharpened, but with sweet smiley expression on the face, waving the offending game sadly, HAS been known to cave in. Particularly as I tend to pick crowded times and tend to start off speaking very quietly and reasonably, with the implicit threat that I can if I wish yell as loudly as any RSM and alert the rest of the customers to the shoddy goods should I have to. I've never had to. Amazon I have always found very reasonable too. Steam are just IGNORANT.

BTW, excess Royal Wedding coverage on TV makes me glad that I discovered video games...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES, quite right KDStudios, I wondered if I imagined that it was crashing more since the updates! Not just me then.

Thing is, Jim, a game retailer faced with the Ginny rampant, ie where I actually march into the store, fangs and claws sharpened, but with sweet smiley expression on the face, waving the offending game sadly, HAS been known to cave in. Particularly as I tend to pick crowded times and tend to start off speaking very quietly and reasonably, with the implicit threat that I can if I wish yell as loudly as any RSM and alert the rest of the customers to the shoddy goods should I have to. I've never had to. Amazon I have always found very reasonable too. Steam are just IGNORANT.

BTW, excess Royal Wedding coverage on TV makes me glad that I discovered video games...

It's been a long time since a bought a game in a shop, the only PC games the stores around here stock are the Sims and World of Warcraft. The Mrs is furious with the wedding coverage, she missed Emerdale. ;D

"she missed Emerdale"

That made my day!

hahahaha

I don't watch that but I'd have much prefered to than that wedding rubbish. So instead I came on here =D

And yeah your not the only one.

The patch has caused many problems

Steam do ignore their customers.

Theyre not interested, they only want the money.

Like all companies. =/

Steam did rip me off for Arcania though and have yet to respond. Oh and I am about to sink fangs into the creators of the FONV patch of crappiness as well. It won't get anything done, but it will sure as hell make me feel better. But where Steam ARE at fault in regard to patches is that they tell porkies about being able to turn off auto updates. I find they have an evil habit of turning back on again, no matter whether you run offline or not. And I am not the only one who has found this.

Seriously, before FONV and the simultaneous Arcania disaster, I was neutral about Steam. Securom was awful, but at least when I was going through the Sacred 2 "Patch ate my game" fiasco which meant I and a lot of others like me ran out of installs/reinstalls, they responded and dished out free extra ones. Unlike nasssty skulking Ssssteam.

Gothic 4 not running is a huge improvement over it working,

Post of the day Jim.

That did make me chuckle, that game qualifies for my "turd of the year award" for 2010

Your also very correct when you say its time that consumer rights for software purchases are kicked into touch. Something that also should made compulsory is that if a software company wants to sell in other countries they will have to come up with a EULA that is applicable to and abides by the laws of said country.

Hope you get your money back Ginny, but I'll be surprised if you do, can you imagine how many people that have bought that pile of pants and want their money back, steam must be inundated with complaints over it. I downloaded my version from Game.co.uk and after a prolonged back and forth email conversation with a chap called Marco from their customer service's, I got my money back, yay :biggrin:

Yes but are they complaining about a game that is running? Mine won't run AT ALL. They have sold me something that is not fit for the purpose, quite apart from the fact that as regards New Vegas, you really cannot control the autoupdates even though they say you can. They are making me CROSS.

Yes but are they complaining about a game that is running? Mine won't run AT ALL. They have sold me something that is not fit for the purpose, quite apart from the fact that as regards New Vegas, you really cannot control the autoupdates even though they say you can. They are making me CROSS.

Try your card provider, see what sort of protection they offer. After all you've not got what you paid for.

Vagrant I wasn't blaming steam for the botched patch. I'm blaming them for turning my automatic updates back on.

And now I keep getting a message saying its downloaded my Caravan DLC pack... which is annoying.

Guess here's not the right place to blame steam - they're waiting for us on support.steampowered.com

At least this would free the Nexus from endless blah blah on steam, the pirates and related confusion.