Better Screen Shots

Daynox

I know how to take screen shots...i got almost 200 now but....

all the screen shots i see posted dont have the HUD showing...just pure picture goodness...so..

can someone tell me if there is a mod that has a Free Flying camera that takes out the HUD elements? I have the one for Oblivion that when i hit the "B" key the HUD disapears. Is there one for FO-NV? can someone point me in the right direction...i have been looking all over the place for something like it...

Or is it just a console command you can use to remove the HUD to take good screenshots? i want to start a new character and log thier adventures with screenshots for my own little slide show/story i want to do and want just pure good looking pictures.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Daynox

Thats what im talking about ;D

i knew about the tfc one but now with the tm they look waaay better.

Thank you very much for the fast reply :thumbsup:

just saw your post jim...thats awesome :woot:

thanx people :thumbsup:

Daynox

TFC 1 will freeze everything on screen as well, I've found that better than TFC for action shots.

Jim,

Every time I tried to use tfc 1, I ended up with a completely motion blurred image although the game screen at that time was very clear.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm40/carlcorey2003/Mouse002.jpg

I thought it was my graphics card but I've recently upgraded to an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 and I still have the issue in both FO3 and New Vegas. After some experimentation, I see now that this happens consistently in VATS which is too bad since it's the cinematic, death-blow scenes that I'd love to have a chance to capture in tfc mode.

What you see on your screen is not the final image of a captured motion which comes with a certain delay quite similar to the exposure time in photography and that causes the blur effect, subject to the game machine.

Therefore the more professional image makers still use the TFC + TM console command with much faith in their trigger happiness whenever they tickle the ivories, here: the screen capture hotkey.

Limbo Rock 2009 (Oblivion)

http://www.abload.de/img/limbourn7.jpg

Good luck!

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif

Edited by Surenas

Other than the concept of the motion blur being analogous to photography with a too-wide aperture and/or low speed film, I didn't really understand anything else you said Surenas. I can go into TFC + TM mode while in the midst of an attack but my character tends to get killed after the pre-programmed VATS attacks have completed and she still has attackers because I now have no control over her actions while I'm flying the camera about. Edited by CarlCorey

TFC 1 will freeze everything on screen as well, I've found that better than TFC for action shots.

Jim,

Every time I tried to use tfc 1, I ended up with a completely motion blurred image although the game screen at that time was very clear.

I thought it was my graphics card but I've recently upgraded to an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 and I still have the issue in both FO3 and New Vegas. After some experimentation, I see now that this happens consistently in VATS which is too bad since it's the cinematic, death-blow scenes that I'd love to have a chance to capture in tfc mode.

I rarely use VATS so haven't had that issue. You can still capture the exaggerated deaths outside of VATS, they just happen a lot quicker. As said TFC while good for poses and the like it's not so great for action shots because your character tends to get killed as the action continues and you lose control of the character. There is a blur effect during VATS that I assume is supposed to mimic a camera, it might be that. There was a FO3 mod that removed the VATS blur, not seen one for FNV yet though.

The opposite is the case. At least that's my conviction as "image maker" here. The own death as a frozen tfc figure in an environment in motion is usually caused by a personal delay in using the keyboard commands, this includes the screen capture key to make the shot as well. There is no good reason to prefer a totally frozen scene cos it disables the option of sequentially shot images quite similar to movie single frames and, of course, the individual selection of the best shot thereafter. Action is elsewhere but in the frozen world of tfc 1.

VATS I reject due to its round-based character, the ping pong game that has nothing to do with role playing. One might run into trouble when the pong, the counterstrike comes in.

Edited by Surenas