Unexplained Ban

Kolminite

While the content of my work is controversial, in no way was I trying to hurt anyone with my submissions. I sent a private message via the "contact us" option and it mentioned posting your topic on the forums for better access. I was not aware of anything I was doing wrong as 5, FIVE, mods were released all with similar introductions, "Damoru's Retarded Mod." And if I cannot argue my innocence then I would like to state an apology, or at least be given a less radical option.

Thank you.

Your submission content (I've only seen one but it was a bit...yeah) along with the use of the term "retarded" might have been the contributing factor in your ban. I'm not sure as the ban was silent this time and I've only seen the one file ... some sort of replacement statue with a guy polishing his rod...

All the staff, myself included, are currently what you might call "on-edge" at this time. We saw it with Fallout 3 and now we've seen it again with New Vegas; a massive influx of new members who have no clue how we operate and when they find out they immediately want to change a system that's been working nicely for some 9 years now. We get a crap storm of whining, complaints, demands and insults thrown at us (and at mod authors) by people who've only just joined the community and the ban hammer starts coming down hard to compensate. As said, the same happened with the Fallout 3 community at the start and Fallout 3 Nexus is all fine and dandy now.

To be fair you seem to be handling yourself quite well, above and beyond the normal riff-raff who get banned and then put expletives in my inbox. I'm willing to unban your original account (and ban the one you're currently using) or just leave the current one you're using without banning it just with the warning to tread lightly (and carry a big gun) at this time.

Your submission content (I've only seen one but it was a bit...yeah) along with the use of the term "retarded" might have been the contributing factor in your ban. I'm not sure as the ban was silent this time and I've only seen the one file ... some sort of replacement statue with a guy polishing his rod...

All the staff, myself included, are currently what you might call "on-edge" at this time. We saw it with Fallout 3 and now we've seen it again with New Vegas; a massive influx of new members who have no clue how we operate and when they find out they immediately want to change a system that's been working nicely for some 9 years now. We get a crap storm of whining, complaints, demands and insults thrown at us (and at mod authors) by people who've only just joined the community and the ban hammer starts coming down hard to compensate. As said, the same happened with the Fallout 3 community at the start and Fallout 3 Nexus is all fine and dandy now.

To be fair you seem to be handling yourself quite well, above and beyond the normal riff-raff who get banned and then put expletives in my inbox. I'm willing to unban your original account (and ban the one you're currently using) or just leave the current one you're using without banning it just with the warning to tread lightly (and carry a big gun) at this time.

In fact, I was actually about to come in here and say something along this very line.

Which might seem a bit ironic, since I was speaking quite chidingly (and quite impolitely, for which I am sorry) to Vagrant.

The process by which a site such as this must keep itself functioning with any semblance of order is absolutely astonishing... and the sheer number of individuals (all of whom are secretly me) traffic this place are baffling. When one considers how many mods and potential rule violations any given moderator must be subjected to reviewing and handling... good Lord... it makes me feel a bit sick to my stomach just to think about it.

And it is largely a thankless job. People tend to resent authority.

Being a people, I am as guilty of this as the next guy, although I do have a better handle on my self-control than some others I know.

That these individuals know this, and continue to do what they do... is a credit to them. Any lesser individuals would be pulling out their hair and bashing their faces into the wall until they're unconscious.

Although, now that I think about it... you moderator-types do keep some strange hours.

Maybe you're not all so tough as I thought, eh? :wallbash::wacko:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my case, and I would much rather have the old account and toss this one. I understand the considerable strain you're under and I will abide by the rules more closely. Furthermore I will change all file names previously uploaded to the nexus. Edited by Kolminite

I've re-instated your original account and banned the 'Kolminite' one. Thank you for your level headed patience and co-operation in this matter.

I think we're done with this topic.

*Closed*

EDIT by LHammonds: Just wanted to say, it wasn't me that banned Damoru!!! Yep, I'm quite late to this party.

I would just like to add that, yes, I am unconscious. -myrmaad