PC, PS3, PSP, Wii, XBOX360

Deleted54170User

I'm a PC gamer and do not own any consoles, nor do I intend to buy any in the future. The keyboard and mouse offers a much more 'advanced' approach to games, whereas games created for consoles almost certainly need to be dumbed down. Sadly though, the releasing on multiple platforms kind of defeats that advantage.

Always was and always will be a pc gamer. I just can't stand the controllers. I can never aim with those darn things.

But I have to agree that most not shooter games are a bit more easy to use with a controller.

You can do all of that on a PS3.

Except that any sort of modding on a PS3 requires a voiding of the user contract to use that system. Not a problem if you're making a server farm and don't care about having to be responsible for any damages caused, but not something the average person would want to deal with.

Modding also STILL requires content to be made on a PC at some point in time in order to be ported over. There are no viable dev kits for console. There are is no viable 3d modeling software. There is no viable 2d graphics software. Atleast without having to jury-rig one up with hacked, and usually illegal code. And even then, the console usually can't handle the demands of such programs very well. Consoles are, afterall specialized in nature and are designed primarily to play media directly from a game disc instead of storing all that information locally. Although newer consoles have broken beyond this a bit in order to meet the needs of online and digital functionality, the system still isn't designed around doing anything particularly intensive and all softwares designed for that console are made specifically so that they don't try and push the system too far.

Consoles look like they're center stage because they're accessible to a broader range of users. That is all there is to it. PC gaming pushes the edge of what can be handled by current hardware, while Consoles just make make for certain milestones in that capability. This can be quite clearly seen as mainstream, multi-platform games don't come close to taxing computers which use newer hardware (ie. FO3, Oblivion, NV, Dragonage all have fairly similar system requirements, and need to be modded to hell and gone in order to put any real strain on a system using even mid-range hardware). If accessibility made something better, iPhones would have consoles beat, hands down.

Edited by Vagrant0

You can do all of that on a PS3.

Except that any sort of modding on a PS3 requires a voiding of the user contract to use that system. Not a problem if you're making a server farm and don't care about having to be responsible for any damages caused, but not something the average person would want to deal with.

Modding also STILL requires content to be made on a PC at some point in time in order to be ported over. There are no viable dev kits for console. There are is no viable 3d modeling software. There is no viable 2d graphics software. Atleast without having to jury-rig one up with hacked, and usually illegal code. And even then, the console usually can't handle the demands of such programs very well. Consoles are, afterall specialized in nature and are designed primarily to play media directly from a game disc instead of storing all that information locally. Although newer consoles have broken beyond this a bit in order to meet the needs of online and digital functionality, the system still isn't designed around doing anything particularly intensive and all softwares designed for that console are made specifically so that they don't try and push the system too far.

Consoles look like they're center stage because they're accessible to a broader range of users. That is all there is to it. PC gaming pushes the edge of what can be handled by current hardware, while Consoles just make make for certain milestones in that capability. This can be quite clearly seen as mainstream, multi-platform games don't come close to taxing computers which use newer hardware (ie. FO3, Oblivion, NV, Dragonage all have fairly similar system requirements, and need to be modded to hell and gone in order to put any real strain on a system using even mid-range hardware). If accessibility made something better, iPhones would have consoles beat, hands down.

I really wasn't trying to say that consoles are superior. :S

I agree with you, although most of the points of software and development are invalid.

The PC will always give you the most usability.

I have a PSP which doesn't see any action, I think I only have 3 games for it.

I have a PS3 (originally 40gb, upgraded the hard drive to 250gb myself) which would be my first choice, or until recently.

I recently started playing Fallout 3 on my PC, and the graphics are superior to the PS3 and load screens are much faster. I'm not a huge gamer, but I'd probably think about getting a game for the PC ahead of the PS3 now, provided my graphics card can handle it and provided it's playable without a controller. My PS3 will probably see some more action though when Gran Turismo 5 finally comes out.

PS3, cheapest blu-ray player on the market.

Wait... You're telling me I can play games with it too? Why would I want to do that when I have a PC which can play better games, can surf the web without having to sign up and purchase extra subscription crap, and which allows modding? Next thing you're going to say is that I can also play games just by moving around... I thought the point of gaming was to move around as little as possible and develop a posture similar to mighty Zorak. Kids these days and their crazy ideas...

Wooot way to go, i like that attitude against motion gaming. Five stars for you.

And yes the ps3 is the cheapest and most powerful blu ray player on the market :thumbsup:

Thank you for your opinions. The PC is still my favorite, even though the latest craze is going to send it to the upgrade shop. The new games I find I like require me to upgrade the nVidia 8600 GT duo bridged set up to a newer version of card.

I am flustered since the duo bridged set gives me the power of two cards and the, "Can my machine Play this?" tester site tells me no.

It made me wonder if the consoles have won some graces since they seem to manage to get the same game, but no need for internal parts other than a software patch. I was feeling mentally sick, but now that all of you have honored me with your opinions I feel much better about going ahead and upgrading the video card. PS3 is a blu-ray gem and last week I downloaded and check out a 3D test after they installed an upgrade, which appears to be preparing the broadcast for television sets capable of 3D.

I am so glad all of you are still flaunting your wealth of patriotic flare for the PC.

I really only play moddable games on the PC. I have 4 Xbox 360s set up, with their own screens, at my house, and they see the most use, as we pretty much always have "guests", who come visit to play games. We have a PS3 as well, but that was really only for my hubby to play Final Fantasy on, he insists "it wouldn't feel right on the Xbox". I suppose I'm more comfortable with the Xbox, due to me being very un-savvy when it comes to technology. I couldn't play a game that has mods on any platform other than PC though, I'd miss mods too much!

Goofy Goth Girl,

You reminded me of this:

I bought the first XBOX360 because of a game which had been made for PC that got under my gaming skin. You may remember it, "Halo". The first copy was for PC.

Halo 2 for the PC was mysteriously unavailable in my area. I did not discover there was another Halo for PC until a year after I had purchased the XBOX360. I would have never known it had a second PC version as my knowledge of the Internet was skimpy back then.

I was at the GameStop store looking for the newest version of Halo when I saw it on the PC Used rack. Someone had traded it in, their Halo 2 for PC copy. It so flustered my attitude about XBOX360 I nearly turned it into a cup holder.

All of you may remember, like, the people who did not know what a computer CD drive was for and while writing e-Mail they put their coffee cup on the tray.

Or do you know someone who still does that?

All of you may remember, like, the people who did not know what a computer CD drive was for and while writing e-Mail they put their coffee cup on the tray.

Gosh, did people really do that? That's hilarious! I consider myself somewhat of a luddite, and yet I knew what the disc drives were for long before I knew how to use email. Thanks for the lols!