Retail threatens Steam ban

JimboUK

My local EB games was the site of a major uprising recently. They got a whole PC games wall now.

And I wouldnt have a problem with steam, if it was an OPTIONAL service.

Something like 'We have discovered that you either do not have an internet connection, or you are offline. Would you like to opt out of the Steam Service for this game?' in a Yes/Cancel box.

See, because not everyone has an internet connection on the computer they play games on. Shock and horror amirite?

Nothing like that here and when you do find some stock the prices are idiotic. I agree Steam should be optional on these titles, maybe have authorising through Steam remove Suckurom or whatever hellish DRM they use instead.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local EB games was the site of a major uprising recently. They got a whole PC games wall now.

Something like 'We have discovered that you either do not have an internet connection, or you are offline. Would you like to opt out of the Steam Service for this game?' in a Yes/Cancel box.

See, because not everyone has an internet connection on the computer they play games on. Shock and horror amirite?

Nothing like that here and when you do find some stock the prices are idiotic. I agree Steam should be optional on these titles, maybe have authorising through Steam remove Suckurom or whatever hellish DRM they use instead.

pretty sure Securerom was sony/bmg/ea's creation but it sure turned into a sweet hacker backdoor into your system.

You are right, thats exactly how it should be.

Reminds me of the early days of Vista or when they started upping security on Windows Media Player.

Windows Media Player has noticed you are trying to play a cd we've never heard of because it's a underground band, we will attempt to download a license for this content, license not found, we're sorry we cannot play the media file.