Skyrim - Out of Memory Crash

Twin2kaay7

As the title says i basicly crash every now and then when playing my modded skyrim.

The catch is that I use the memoryblocks.log to see if I was running out of memory because I suspected that. And Indeed it does , as i checked my log afetr the crash and the last two entries were 259MB both and then the crash ofc.

Now pls tell me how to fix this I installed the SKSE.ini memory patch but stil it crashes at 259MB which is quite odd since it should be crashing at 256MB if the memory patch were not installed and with the patch it would in theory even be possible to go up to 512 before crashing. So why am I crashing at 259MB ALWAYS.

very odd , and it keeps me from playing hope somebody helps. :(

Check your SKSE folder and see if the SKSE.ini file exists, and make sure that:

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

is in there. That is the memory patch for SKSE and should help with crashes and infinite loading screens.

Two possible things to try quickly.

1) Make sure the SKSE.ini isn't mistakenly SKSE.ini.txt by ensuring you're showing file extensions in Windows. Easy mistake to make and I wish I could say I've not done it...

2) Try using the -forcesteamloader argument in the SKSE executable if you're using MO.

Check your SKSE folder and see if the SKSE.ini file exists, and make sure that:

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

is in there. That is the memory patch for SKSE and should help with crashes and infinite loading screens.

Dude i don't mean to be rude but the point is that I actually have it installed and still crash at 259 MB.

Did you even read my problem?

1) Make sure the SKSE.ini isn't mistakenly SKSE.ini.txt by ensuring you're showing file extensions in Windows. Easy mistake to make and I wish I could say I've not done it...

2) Try using the -forcesteamloader argument in the SKSE executable if you're using MO

Seems like a plan , the forcesteamloader thing might help.

I'll inform you if it helped. thx for the advise.

2) Try using the -forcesteamloader argument in the SKSE executable if you're using MO.

Ok tested it out with the -forcesteamloader setting , and tested out how much I could get spawned in before crashing and again after like 400 guards in Riverwood I crashed again with the number 259 MB displaying. I don't get what this number means why 259 why not 256 or my disired 512. Thx anyway for the help but I need another hint as this did not work :'( . Anyone any ideas? :(

Yes, I did read it. I would say about half of MO users who initially make the switch don't actually go through the process of creating the mod and the SKSE.ini file in the correct place, and commonly don't use the right extension. I don't which combination of mod managers you use, and it's always good to double check.

I didn't mean to come off as condescending.

Delete the log that says 259 and try again. if you really pulled 400 guards into Riverwood you'd normally be fine.

Yes, I did read it. I would say about half of MO users who initially make the switch don't actually go through the process of creating the mod and the SKSE.ini file in the correct place, and commonly don't use the right extension. I don't which combination of mod managers you use, and it's always good to double check.

I didn't mean to come off as condescending.

Guys you are just wodnerfull!

It seemed as the -forcesteamloader did help but my Nozzer suspected my memoryblocks log was broken and I needed to delete it. After installing ENBoost and moving my steam installation out of program files I started the test again.

And as a result I was able to spawn 650 guards without crashing and finally crashed as I did try to add another 50. So i checked my log as I was being a GIANT bit sceptic if 600 guards was even possible to be spawned with only 256 MB.

And the log displayed my disired number 512 MB till crash. Guys thx alot you just made my day. thx to you too jakeskillman for being polite and having at least had the positive attitude to help me.