ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Companions sleep

INFERNUS006

I'm looking for a simple mod that can just enable some kind of quick and easy command option for a companion to go to sleep on a nearby bed or bedroll if there is one in the vicinity of the player, or it could have them put down their own bedroll and use that to sleep when I tell them to.

I'm surprised I can't find a mod anywhere like this yet for FNV. It doesn't have to be fancy or need any special dialog, just something I could click on in the companion wheel or in the menu to talk to them to make them go to sleep. I need this to enhance my roleplaying experience and I have not had much luck.

If anyone knows a mod like this, please let me know. I have already tried Remote Control Companions but that one seems to be broken now, and comes with a lot of extra options I don't really need.

I'm looking for a simple mod that can just enable some kind of quick and easy command option for a companion to go to sleep on a nearby bed or bedroll if there is one in the vicinity of the player.......

If anyone knows a mod like this, please let me know.

I'm afraid I don't know of any mods, but the concept is pretty simple, if you don't mind an extra dialog option. You can just add a package via script for sleeping. It (the dialog topic) would (I believe) have to be done for each companion in the VNPC dialog quest, but the topic could be very simple. Something as curt as;

Courier; "get some rest"

Companion "OK, I'm bushed"

Then the package will kick in and if there is a applicable piece of furniture the companion will seek it out.

A caveat, I don't think there is any easy way for it to apply to user made mods with companions, just the vanilla ones. But other mod authors can add it easily enough to their companions.

Ok, thanks for the info. I don't play around with making mods on my own right now, I work a lot and don't really have the time. But maybe someday I will try it out.

Anyway, I got the Remote Control Companions mod to work again, so I can just use that. Cheers :)

Oh, this sounds like something fun I could add to my companion. Gonna have to mess around to see if I can figure out how the AI package should be... Thanks for the idea :3

I use remote control companions and it works fine for me. I don't know why you are having trouble with it, unless you've installed a mod that affects beds or sleeping. Companions will seek out the closest bed (which sometimes gets a little weird because they go by physical distance not walking distance) but if there's no bed available they won't take out a bedroll.

Oh I don't think there's any question that it would work if done correctly. Just setup the topic, ad a ID condition, in the result script box add a sleep package (there are plenty, or use one as a template) via myCompanionREF.AddScriptPackage mySleepGeneric, add in a evp to recognize the new package, maybe setup a new var in the script (sleepyTime) to flip. Then you may want to have an additional topic with the condition sleepyTime == 1, that reverses the whole process (RemoveScriptPackage) when it's time to go about your business.

Not everybody uses that companion control mod (I don't, for instance). It was indeed easy to set up, just made a sleep package with 700 radius, with a GetScriptVariable condition (SleepyTime if I recall correctly, haha) linked to the NPC. So, when you select the dialogue option to send 'em to sleep (setting SleepyTime to 1), they look for a bed and lay down. I attached a line of code to set SleepyTime to 0 in the "let's go" topic. Really fun idea, thanks for the suggestion OP :)

Nice, glad it was easy after all. I thought it shouldn't be too difficult. I don't mind using the RCC mod, though, since there are a few other good options in it like the Warp command that helps a lot for when companions get stuck or lost on zoning, or when they decide to go on their own personal adventure trying to run around something you just jumped over, and you can just teleport them next to you. I forgot how buggy the AI pathing can be in this game.