Site statistics

Dark0ne

I've been working recently on tallying up all the various "interesting" statistics this site records in to one grand total to get an overall view of the popularity of the sites within the gaming community. I thought it would nice to see just how big this community is and how popular it is to mod the games.

I was hoping to use sales figures from the various Bethesda games to come up with a ball-park figure of PC owners who have downloaded and modded their games through the Nexus. Unfortunately Bethesda aren't a public company and won't provide me with their sales figures (I can understand why) and the sales figures that have been announced through press releases will now be massively out-of-date.

I did recently use a BioWare press-release for Dragon Age that allowed me to come up with a ball-park figure. Including a 15% decrease on the results to account for piracy I worked out that 32% of the PC owners of Dragon Age had moddded their game using mods from Dragon Age Nexus. That figure obviously doesn't include users who download from other sites, such as the BioWare social site. The figure might be big to you, or it might be small to you, but the fact almost a third of BioWare's PC customers have modded the game suggests to me that modding is something PC game developers should be supporting more often.

The stats for TESNexus, Fallout 3 Nexus, New Vegas Nexus and Dragon Age Nexus can be found in the right-hand navigation under "Statistics".

Come on! I mean after that party at your villa when you got rich all of a sudden, you have been realy quiet to be honest. No fancy halloween party this year, no news what so ever regarding Christmas and New Year parties. Fine, mayby you're not much into this kind of fun, but we're talking about serious numbers here, high ones to. Seriously man, you need to rethink your strategy regarding the ways you should entertain your members. I'm realy bored over here, do something, throw a hell of a party and you'll close at least a couple thousands mouths.... :cool:

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

Dragon Age???? I was thinking this one, newvegasnexus.com, was a hit right off the go. I was thinking it was more popular than the fallout3nexus.com site. maybe I'm wrong. But you do have a nice site to go to and visit and check out. Thanks.

Dragon Age is the smallest of the sites but their sales press release just happened to be at a time when I was paying more attention! To be fair Dragon Age was a very hard game to mod; much harder than the Bethesda games so the modding scene hasn't quite hit the highs (and lows) of the others.

New Vegas Nexus is indeed the largest trafficked site of the four right now, followed by TESNexus, FO3Nexus then DANexus. As it is TESNexus has more than double the reach of FilePlanet, New Vegas Nexus has almost 5 times the reach. TESNexus alone is on par with ModDB for traffic, and far larger in files/downloads/members.

Sometimes I just sit back and find it hard to fathom just how big the sites have gotten; you don't really realise just looking at the same sites each day. They all seem so small to me!

Well, I'm only one out of the millions of members, but I own Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Dragon Age Origins/Awakening, so I can safely say that this family of sites is often like a second home to me. I'd be lost without the Nexus sites! (If I can ever get a job, I'll even go premium again!)

The statistics are staggering, also the amount of uploaded material for new vegas in such a short period of time. I am pushed hard to get them all downloaded weekly, what used to take about 8 hours on a weekend to schedule now takes almost 40 hours. That is a personal observation, and I do try to download everything. You don't want to know the size of my archives, but we will say a full TB is almost upon me, and that puts my raid1 drives at about 66% capacity. The next upgrade will be a JBOD case with 6 drive bays and I am trying to decide weather 2tb or 3tb drives and the raid configurations....but I should have some time left...........or at least I hope so.

Tesnexus is still driving strong and the uploads have not decreased noticeably, but the quality and size continues to amaze.

It appears most creators for fallout3 have transitioned into NV but still going strong, and the newest files are a treasure.

DAnexus is also good and the latest files have much to interest all who play.

The site as a whole is more than I expected when I joined the staff a few years ago.....far exceeding my wildest fantasies for a successful site. I am honored and awed by the ever expanding and evolving community, who my friends are what make this site and all sites a wonder to behold.

I doff my chapeau to Robin, for one so young to accomplish so much in the span of a few years. Your vision and willingness to push yourself and the site have brought you honor and the respect of a vast and varied community. You did it my friend, and I am proud and honored to call you friend. I could not be prouder of you than I am of my own son, that is a fact.

To the community, thanks for your support; if it wasn't for what you contribute to this family of sites we would not be what we are today, I am not addressing just those that create but those who use, understand, and lend a hand to other members. Individually we know little, but collectively we know almost everything.

Kudo's to all. Be well and game on !

Micky aka Buddah