Your best game ever?

evildead789

R-Type Final. IremSoft/Metro 3D. PS2, 2003.

Why? Because as far as Im concerned this obscure arcade game had everything it takes to be the #1.

It had enormous depth, a vast fully explored universe, huge pedigree, enormous amounts of player rewards, a vast selection of fighter ships and huge variety in stage. It even had multiple endings for god's sake!

With it's 57 hour long progression length, with it's 101 playable starships, with it's Xbox-360 rivaling graphics, with it's six possible endings, interchangable missions, vast backstory depth and simple, clean elegant menus and artstyle, this game is my champion of champions.

Set in the 26th century, this sidescroller pits you against a reactive parasite calld the Baido. These things were created by humanity as a weapon of war, but when humanity became terrified of what it's bionengineered monster could do, they cast it into another dimension never to be seen again. Or so they thought.

Baido come in all shapes and sizes, from mind controlled ally units flying exactly the same ship as you are, to vast colonies of liquid metal, towering cyborg mechs, insidious creeping parasites, and interdimensional, Cthulu-esque demons.

This game has it all, and oozes class. With it's exceptionaly memorable orchestral score, bueatiful backdrops, and simple, elegant, and borderline minimalist aesthetics, R-Type Final is my undisputed best game ever.

Best game ever... that's a tough question. I'm a fairly young gamer, I only really got into it when I got a GameCube about six years ago. I'd have to say that honestly, my FAVORITE game was, and maybe even still is, LOTR: Battle for Middle-Earth for PC. I've got a lot newer games, Black Ops, MW2, Bad Company 2, FO:NV, almost every Zelda game for GC/Wii, etc, but Battle for Middle-Earth is still an awesomely fun game to play.

i didn't play lord of the rings battle for middle earth (is that a rts game?) I doesn't matter if you still like to play it or not Just the best experience you had I don't play worms 4 anymore for the simple reason i played it so much . Seems i gotta try that game lol

I have seen a video of chronotrigger (that's old lol) If i would go that far i would say golden axe or double dragon, still no match for experiences i had with newer games though

Whoever asked, Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth is a RTS, where you can play either as the good guys (Rohan/Gondor) or evil (Mordor/Isengard). The graphics aren't uber, but the gameplay is really fun. I played that game, over and over, for probably a good two or three years.

It's not very complex, but that's kind of nice too. There's a little strategy, as far as which units work best against others, but once you get them all geared up, you kind of mow through everything. On one hand, that's really fun, but eventually it turned meh. But for the price ($20 USD when I bought it, probably cheaper now), it's probably my best game ever.

EDIT: If you're a LOTR fan, it's just that much more awesome. There's also a sequel, Battle for Middle Earth II, which I haven't played, but I heard it was pretty nice.

Whoever asked, Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth is a RTS, where you can play either as the good guys (Rohan/Gondor) or evil (Mordor/Isengard). The graphics aren't uber, but the gameplay is really fun. I played that game, over and over, for probably a good two or three years.

It's not very complex, but that's kind of nice too. There's a little strategy, as far as which units work best against others, but once you get them all geared up, you kind of mow through everything. On one hand, that's really fun, but eventually it turned meh. But for the price ($20 USD when I bought it, probably cheaper now), it's probably my best game ever.

EDIT: If you're a LOTR fan, it's just that much more awesome. There's also a sequel, Battle for Middle Earth II, which I haven't played, but I heard it was pretty nice.

It's basically cheating to use Rohan and get ents, though. Or Nazgul if you use Mordor.