I have a fear.

Keanumoreira

K, now everyone's afriad of something, me for instance, I'm afraid of spiders. Can't stand them; won't scream or anything, but don't be surprised when a violent whirlwind comes exploding in your direction. :unsure:

Are you afriad of something and feel like sharing it?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have a few major fears, but those are fairly major.

Primarily major Bathyphobia-fear of deep water. I get very bad vertigo when I'm on flimsy structures near water, I dont like being IN very deep/murky water, and cant stand boats. Probably comes from the fact that a borderline psychotic PE teacher shoved my head under water during swimming class while I was 6 and held me under till I passed out.

Moderate vertigo-I just dont like heights, even ladders.

And a fairly major fear of some types of dogs.

Now, some particularly stupid brutish people actualy LIKE attack dogs. The same sort of creeps who own Humvees anddislike migrants. Now, when you say "oh it's harmless, it wont bite" that simply says you're an idiot. All pitbulls bite, it's in their nature. A lagre percentage of Pitbull terriers suffur from a fairly extreme congenital condition that causes their brain tio periodicaly expand, driving them insane with rage and pain. I got mauled by a pitbull as an early teen-I cant stand the disgusting things or their owners.

But the strange thing is a actualy LIKE spiders. I think it's familiarity. I've had spiders as pet and I know the behavior of pretty much all the spider types Im lkely to encountre, aswell as having a robust understanding of their anatomy and capabilities. They are really worth being afraid of. It's not a myth that they're more afraid of you than you are of them, they'll only bite or crawl on you if they are cornered-with the exception of the Atrax Robustus or Funnelweb, an Australian species that chases people who go near their holes, and frequently bite without provocation.

But for the most part they're really friendly. They're amazing creatures, most tiny organisms are very simple-just a few shabbily evolved scaled down cockroach guts. But Spiders are hugely complex-they've got Book Lungs, a full cardiovasxular system, a very highly evolved brain, and in many cases, eyesight equal to a human's.

I have a fear of heights, and tight spaces. Found the first time i was in a mri machine :woot: They freak me out.

I volunteered at an MRI once. I even got one. Exposed myself to harmful stuff for 15 minutes without even needing a scan. A very expensive one normally, but here for free. :D

I did find out I actually have a brain.

some hieghts, the dark (the not being able to see part of it) and becoming paralize.losing a limb/ losing a sense

I understand the dark thing, and I agree. I'm not actually afraid of the dark itself since when I sleep at night in the dark in my room, I'll be calm and restful. The thing I'm actually afriad of is what's inside it, like people who could ambush you and kill/kidnap you. Stuff like that... :unsure: