I have a fear.

Keanumoreira

Elevators. I don't like elevators.

My aunt is afraid of elevators, I never understood why, I'm fine with them. Though it's probably the fear of getting trapped in an elevator.

One of my biggest fears since I was a child was that I was under vigilance and that I was going to be judged and laughed at for anything stupid I did in life, but now I don´t give a s*** anymore, it´s called having fun and if somebody is going to judge me by the way I have fun then screw him, no gods, no laws, kill the priest -follow nature- praise the beast.

That's a great way to live and I wish I was like that...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My aunt is afraid of elevators, I never understood why, I'm fine wth them. Though it's probably the fear of getting trapped in an elevator.

One of my biggest fears since I was a child was that I was under vigilance and that I was going to be judged and laughed at for anything stupid I did in life, but now I don´t give a s*** anymore, it´s called having fun and if somebody is going to judge me by the way I have fun then screw him, no gods, no laws, kill the priest -follow nature- praise the beast.

Then start living like that, the best ideals to suit a lifestyle like mine are individualism, egoism and misanthropy, also anti-christian beliefs, show no interest in politics, and remember, you live for yourself xD

My aunt is afraid of elevators, I never understood why, I'm fine wth them. Though it's probably the fear of getting trapped in an elevator.

Then start living like that, the best ideals to suit a lifestyle like mine are individualism, egoism and misanthropy, also anti-christian beliefs, show no interest in politics, and remember, you live for yourself xD

That's the spirit?

Actualy the reason she's likely afraid of elevators is that the safe elevator is only a recent innovation.

You see now, the elevator has rails down the sides of the shaft that it rides along to keep it centre. These rails have notches in them, and on top of the elevator, in the bundle of equipment that the cable goes into, is a set of springs. The tension of the cable keeps the springs from releasing. If the cable breaks, the springs release faster than your eye can blink, and propell a pair of armatures into the notches on the rails. This stops the elevator literaly within just under three inches of where the cable broke.

But in the olden days (until 1933) they didnt have this safety device and if the rope broke, the elevator would become a gravity propelled bomb that would inevitably teach you why "Terminal Velocity" is so darn terminal.

I am afraid of being at the bottom of things, and at the top.

I dont like heights at all, but I'm also very uncomfortable being at the bottom of a very large object, like a skyscraper or a ship in drydock. I went to the maratime museum in Brisbane as a young child and they had this WWII frigate in drydock, I almost fainted it's mass and the spindly restraints scared me so badly.

It's one of my very few irrational fears. i have nothing to fear, but I fear nonetheless.

Clowns.

Yes, no joke here.

I hate clowns..

I never really liked them, but when I saw that movie, I started to hate them and I'm kinda afraid of them >.>

When I'll have kids, they won't get a clown to birthday parties, thats for sure..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gqtQwPvJxok/SrFN-d6X6CI/AAAAAAAABm8/y7qAOGIdYuE/s320/it-clown.jpg