To cheat, or not to cheat?

JohannesGunn

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use cheat mods or console commands?

Yes, big time, the weapons degradation is ridiculous and was devised by someone with zero knowledge of firearms. Using something like a super-magnum rifle cartridge, which is a stupidly powerful round, would give you over a thousand rounds before the barrel was seriously worn and you could fire a .38 revolver forever with unjacketed lead before you would detect any measurable falloff in accuracy (given its not that great to begin with).

Benchrest shooters and serious competitors may re-barrel a couple of times a year and they can go through 5000 rounds in that time! Guns are worn out, first by aggressive cleaning and second 'Maximum load' handloaders than everything else put together.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, big time, the weapons degradation is ridiculous and was devised by someone with zero knowledge of firearms. Using something like a super-magnum rifle cartridge, which is a stupidly powerful round, would give you over a thousand rounds before the barrel was seriously worn and you could fire a .38 revolver forever with unjacketed lead before you would detect any measurable falloff in accuracy (given its not that great to begin with).

Benchrest shooters and serious competitors may re-barrel a couple of times a year and they can go through 5000 rounds in that time! Guns are worn out, first by aggressive cleaning and second 'Maximum load' handloaders than everything else put together.

I know exactly what you mean. Just once, I would like to see a game where the developers actually sat down with gun manufacturers (or their representatives) and discussed the nuts and bolts (literally) of the weapons they wanted to use in the game. IMO, this would be a great big step toward increased realism.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I cheat with my carry weight, I just have to many clothing/armor to carry around so I use a bottomless bag lol. I have used tgm a couple times when I was tired and really didnt want to do the whole area over.

if you have to cheat to complete a quest whats the point... just turn down difficulty.

BTW the mod talk forum is for modders trying to do something creative and giving something back to this community. if you feel you must post cheat polls post it elsewhere and do not the spam it with nonsence!

Admittedly, I'll say yes.

While djmystro may destroy me, I somewhat find the Carry Weight items in AWOP to be semi-cheat-items, especially when combined with non-cheat mods such as Xtra Special. I guess the thing that I always do though is shove the things onto a companion and only use them when I really need the inventory space so it's a trade-off between cheat and resource for getting through an area with all of my loot.

I also had to use cheats to film a video a while back, just so I didn't exactly die in this one scene. Also used it to work-around quests and such or use the infamous zap command to get rip of enemies. They end up respawning anyways in larger #'s, due to IWS, and I kinda don't want the bodies to be near fast travel markers I use.

Is using *removeallitems* to make a street full of people naked, and then *playidle dancenv 03*, considered cheating?

If so, then yes.

(I also regularly turn Easy Pete into a T-800 using the fabulous *I Am Robot* mod, just so I can walk by and say hi, to a robot wearing a hat.)

((yes. I did say fabulous.))

if you have to cheat to complete a quest whats the point... just turn down difficulty.

BTW the mod talk forum is for modders trying to do something creative and giving something back to this community. if you feel you must post cheat polls post it elsewhere and do not the spam it with nonsence!

Cheat mods ARE a part of this community. It is unfortunate that you do not seem to like this fact, but I have just as much right to post about cheat mods in Mod Talk as you have to dislike it. MORE THAN 80 MEMBERS HAVE VOTED IN THIS POLL. NONE of them seemed concerned that this thread was in the wrong forum. And as far as spamming the Forum goes, ONE post on this thread in just under two months does NOT seem like spamming to me. Also, judging by the fact that three other members posted here BESIDES YOU, I'd say that there is genuine interest in this thread. So, while I'm sorry you dislike this thread (though obviously not enough to ignore it entirely), the interest shown in it since it was bumped seems to outweigh your negative opinion.

Have a nice day.