To cheat, or not to cheat?

JohannesGunn

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use cheat mods or console commands?

I use tgm to lure monsters to go fight other monsters but that's only for my own amusement, never any quest stufff...Although sometimes when testing ill just keep the guns and ammo from testing or the suit and continue to play through or sell them off..I do all my testing on my main save :thumbsup: still haven't played through either fallouts :tongue: Edited by ecksile

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat FalloutNV pretty quickly, as I was expecting to be able to goof around after finishing the MQ,

an erroneous assumption, as it turned out.

:wallbash:

After that, I felt no compunctions about folding, slicing, spindleing, and/or mutilating my game with cheats and mods. As evidence, I submit my cheated weapons and food. For those of you who disagree with me, that's fine, I understand completely. But are you gonna say you've never, NOT EVEN ONCE, had the desire to pull out a silenced .22 pistol, and start shooting artillery shells at ridiculous rates? Cause if you haven't, you're really missing out...

Wow, look at all the votes! You guys are awesome! Kudos to anyone who can tell me the significance behind the fourth option in the poll... assuming I haven't already given you a kudos for something else. Edited by JohannesGunn

Wow, look at all the votes! You guys are awesome! Kudos to anyone who can tell me the significance behind the fourth option in the poll... assuming I haven't already given you a kudos for something else.

All I can think of is that "The King" had a taste for them, but I'm guessing that the significance should be a bit more significant!

Wow, look at all the votes! You guys are awesome! Kudos to anyone who can tell me the significance behind the fourth option in the poll... assuming I haven't already given you a kudos for something else.

All I can think of is that "The King" had a taste for them, but I'm guessing that the significance should be a bit more significant!

That is correct! Elvis loved peanut butter banana sandwiches. And drugs. And booze. And cheesecake. And...

That is correct! Elvis loved peanut butter banana sandwiches. And drugs. And booze. And cheesecake. And...

...and look how (and where) he died, I think is how we finish that phrase. Good sandwiches, though.

Back to task. I don't understand the lure of cheating. What's the point in playing, then? I'm in it for the Roleplaying, and aside from mods that give me reasonably realistic items (backpacks, a different but balanced gun or six, more cooking recipes, etc), I can't condone it while playing. To each his own, but it just baffles me. Too much instanttitty (hope that's all right to write) :ermm:

I instantly looses interest in a game the minute I cheat, so I never cheats.

On the other side, I sometimes uses mods (or codes) that is close to cheating. Like the "Perk Every Level" mod. But I don't feel it's a cheat taking away the goal of achieving something in the game. Like the cheat that gave you God Mode in Doom: After activating it, the game just got boring.