Increase dungeon view distance?

Dahveed

Hi there.

Can someone tell me if there is a mod or an .ini tweak somewhere which inceases interior view distance, similar to ugridstoload for exteriors? The way my current setup works, my exteriors look fantastic even with ugrids set to 5, however I often see this in dungeons and it just sticks out like a sore thumb:

(http://i.imgur.com/yFrC3Jc.jpg)

http://i.imgur.com/yFrC3Jc.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I happened to be looking for something yesterday, so I had the UOP loaded in TES4Edit to see if it was doing something to the cell I was interested in. I noticed a value the UOP did change in quite a few cells. About half way down the right hand pane when you have a cell selected in the left is a value named Fog. The UOP changed the vanilla value of 0.000 to 0.100. Load your ESP up in TES4Edit and see what value you have for Fog in your cell.

Thanks for your insight and taking the time to answer.

This is a problem I had before ever using the UOP though. I see it on "let's play" videos as well. I'm pretty sure it's just something about the vanilla game... I'm just wondering if there's a tweak somewhere which can change it.

Even if what you are suggesting is true, I wouldn't want to painstakingly go through ever single cell in every single dungeon to find out what values were changed.

No I wasn't mentioning the UOP meaning it was the culprit ... just that when I saw that value listed in TES4Edit it was while I was looking for something else (a bed ownership change) and wondered if the UOP was at fault and I just happened to notice the Fog change.

What I meant for you to do is load your ESP in TES4Edit and see what value you have for Fog in your custom cell and then compare that to what is listed for Oblivion.esm in other similar cells (looked like an Ayleid ruin in your pic). If the vanilla ruins have something like 0.100 and your has 3.5 or something you may get a better idea of where to make changes in the CS (or TES4Edit).

No I wasn't mentioning the UOP meaning it was the culprit ... just that when I saw that value listed in TES4Edit it was while I was looking for something else (a bed ownership change) and wondered if the UOP was at fault and I just happened to notice the Fog change.

What I meant for you to do is load your ESP in TES4Edit and see what value you have for Fog in your custom cell and then compare that to what is listed for Oblivion.esm in other similar cells (looked like an Ayleid ruin in your pic). If the vanilla ruins have something like 0.100 and your has 3.5 or something you may get a better idea of where to make changes in the CS (or TES4Edit).

Ah, ok. but we're still not understanding eachother correctly.

I am not talking about custom .esp mods; this is happenening in all dungeons, including Vanilla dungeons. This specific instance (the screenshot) was in an Ayleid ruin south of the Imperial City, part of a chain for the Mage's Guild quests. This is the third dungeon out of the last 5 or 6 that have had this problem, and I can remember many other instances as well. It's not often noticeable, because most of the dungeons don't have large open spaces like this.

The problem (as I see it) is that the default view distance for ALL dungeons in general is not high enough, therefore any dungeon which has large open spaces or long corridors will be cut off in the distance by this "fog" type effect - not because there is fog per se, but because the dungeon is just not rendering beyond a certain point (it feels like a ugrid value of about 3).

Therefore my question concerns general .ini settings in the config files which would control general draw distance in dungeons.

Again, thanks for taking the time to try to help.

OK, now I gotcha'. Would the graphics mods you're using have any bearing on this (i.e. is the problem still there without the DoF etc).

OK, now I gotcha'. Would the graphics mods you're using have any bearing on this (i.e. is the problem still there without the DoF etc).

Wow, I never would have suspected, but it turns out ENB is the culprit.

For some reason my interior fog values were completely wonky, setting them each back to 1.00 (default) fixed this issue.

Now, however, I don't like the way the lights are playing with fog, basically making the entire dungeons look bright and foggy. I'll have to look around for a fog remover somewhere.

Thanks very much for the insights... like I said, ENB was the last thing on my mind, so kudos to you for your troubleshooting skills!