Xbox 360

RZ1029

Heh, thanks for the mini-necro/bump. I had forgotten to update you guys: I didn't find the one I wanted when I went out on Black Friday, but I ordered one earlier this week (yesterday...) and should be here this weekend. (Snail mail for the win?) I went with the 250 GB + Kinect because I was informed by my significant other that if I was getting a 360, she was getting Kinect. Came bundled with Reach and a mic. I'll update you guys when it gets here.

You are making the right decision.

The PS3 is an inferior console for playing video games. The simple reason being that it has almost no exclusives anymore.

Almost everyone gave up that overpriced DVD player early 2007, if you can find me a god PS3 exclusive that ISNT God Of War, I'll reverse my utter disdain for the PS3. but until then, I think it is hopelessly inferior.

Secondly, it's a massive exageration, usualy spread by fanboys of other consoles, that the Xbox 360 will overheat.

It simply does not. I have an Xbox 360 Elite. If you keep it within standard operating temperature, it'll be fine. I did have a red ring of death, but that was in a very extreme situation, and on a 4gb version.

Australia is punishing on consoles, the summers here can reach up to 135-150 farenheit, with up to 80% humidity, the winters can suddenly drop to -1 farenheit after a 90 degree day. This can kill a shabbily made console.

I've owned all the big three current gen machines: a 360 Elite, a Wii, and a PS3. The PS3 died like a worthless cur in it's third week of summer. It overheated and fused it's entire internals.

The Wii died after two months of standard use, it simply melted in the vicious summer of 2009.

My Xbox 360 survived daily use all throughout 2009's deadly Melbourne heatwave, it continues to this day, despite being used daily for four years.

It's the most reliable console I've ever owned. Absolutely unbreakable.

I'm going to assume that you're trolling and not just a complete idiot.

Hey guys, just a little update. I 'got' my 360 today, the 250GB. I plan to get two games, for sure, Black Ops and Reach. Any others I should look at getting? I'm game for pretty much any genre, so throw 'em out there. Especially the exclusives, because I've not been plugged in to the xbox world.

EDIT: Just to clarify the 'got', it actually arrived this past Monday, but it was insisted I couldn't open it until Christmas.

Edited by RZ1029

Na, I love Black Ops, I have it for the PC. I'm just getting it for the 360 so I can play with some friends of mine. Then I'm getting Reach, because they never made anything past Halo 2 for PC, so I've got to catch up on the story a bit.

I've heard good reviews of Gears, so I'll probably pick it up at some point, but I've played Final Fantasy at a friends house and wasn't really impressed. I've not played any of the Fable games, so I'll give it a try too if it's decently priced.

• 4 months later...
I find the 120 GB more than enough (I have probably 15 gigs left on mine, and I doubt many people have used up anywhere close to 250, as I have spent 15,000 MS points and have 66 games on my hard drive) and have never had a single problem except for 2 consecutive "red ring" problems due to a power surge which didn't affect my console. The 250 GB version sorta seems like a cash grab like the 320Gb PS3 except for the Kinect ready support. (Kinect PC hacks are far cooler than the actual 360 hookup, like GMod+ Kinect, or messing around with how it renders things such as having your body appear to be made of particles). I personally am not into Gears of War, Halo (after #2) or any COD game :P, I would recommend getting Bayonetta, the new MK, and Red Dead Redemption + some arcade games and Xbox Originals. Castle Crashers, The Dishwasher, UMK3, the port of Castlevania SOTN if you didn't yet get to play it on the play station or PSP + GTA: SA, Fable 1, and maybe Jade Empire (Have Fable 1 on Xbox CD and PC :geek:, its probably my favorite console game tied with Bayonetta). Fable #2 was really good also. I played it long enough to get all achievements so if you like that kind of game you could definitely get your money out of it. I believe the ring of death most likely affects all versions equally, and randomly as a friend of mine has gone through something like 4 systems due to red ring, yet I have not had to replace mine once, and it gets additionally roughed up as I bring it on a train like four times a month. I am not even that big of a console fan, but I hope I can add some fun games to your future games library (most of them are really cheep also, except for new MK and Red Dead). Seriously, buy Bayonetta though :biggrin:.

• 3 weeks later...