North Korea Shells South Korea

Harbringe

Here's link don't know how serious it is but South Korean President vowed if one more attack occurs (this is third I believe in little over a year ?)S Korea will respond with massive retaliationN Korea Shells

Literally just posted this went back to news and South Korea launched an artillery barrage in retaliation .Russians got on news and said situation is extremely dangerous and urged all sides to be cautious.

Edited by Harbringe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, north korea launched a series of Denial Of Service Attacks on USA agencies/buisinesses. My dad said the attacks came from North Korea, but it couldve been zombie computors, but US bank was attacked because of the US in the name, seems like a government agency to foriegn terrorists

and i wouldnbt be surprised if North Korea beat up South Korea

Well anybody who spends more money on military weapons than the well-being of their population having forced many of them to eat grass - not kidding - deserves to get whacked ... yay go South Korea ...

And I quote CNN

Starved N Koreans eating grass to survive

A severe shortage of food aid is forcing hungry North Koreans to scrounge for grass and seaweed, the United Nations says.

Warning of a new threat of famine in the communist country, the U.N.'s World Food Programme says hundreds of thousands of North Koreans are abandoning work and school in a desperate effort to stave off hunger.

"They're going up into the mountains in search of edible grasses. They're on the beaches collecting seaweed," WFP spokesman Gerald Bourke said in Beijing after visiting North Korea.

Besides, the Kim Il Sung dynasty must be crushed, so that Korea can be united - just like Germany - to ensure equality and the right of life for all Koreans.

You know what I am tired of the US being the worlds police force, I don't have any insane ideas that is it our responsibility to bring freedom to the world and defend it. What I do know is a war with North Korea isn't worth risking a single American life for. Its time for the rest of the world to step up and defend their own freedoms if they value them. No more American meat shields defending the freedom of other countries. If we get involved in North Korea, then we would probably have to deal with China too, and considering our forces are already spread out in Iraq and Afghanistan, that would be a very stupid move to make. And I feel the same way about Israel, Iran is their problem, not ours. Edited by Chaosblade02

That's a very naive point.

I find America's ability to realise that what effects their allies effects them, admirable.

Iran is not just Israel's problem, Iran has leveled their threats as much at the US and the rest of the wetsern powerbloc as they have at Israel. When, If, Iran is done with Israel, then what? they'll come for you next.

Likewise NK, a nueclear armed rogue state run by a seemingly insane butcher, will finish with SK, and then what? Japan would probably be next.

Because if you leave a nation to fend for itself against a dangerous, out of control state with a neuclear arsenal, you risk not only your ally get annihilated, but that state turning to you for your next task.

It is the duty of a soldier to fight for, and if it must come to it, lay down their life for their nation and it's allies, they know what they signed up for. NK is a massive threat right now-their military is outdated by more fanantical than I'd like to think about. And furthermore, according to the military/political analyst I spoke to at my class at UNI today, they had time and resources to make atleast four neuclear weapons and who knows what they may have bought.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankly I find this tragic.

Because what effects one nation effects many others. Let alone a linchpin of the western economy-and a valued ally-like South Korea.

And when you've got this mcuh built up hatred, that's been simmering for this long, when it finaly kicks off, it's going to be heinously bloody.

You mark my words, it WILL get violent, it already has, SK isnt going to let this go unpunished, I expect that if the NK fire again, this whole sordid affair will be beyond the point of no return and the Korean war will resume.

NK is a very, very dangerous state at the moment. The reason being that they act seemingly at random. Their actions are not predictable, they are not logical, it acts like a madman is in charhe and Im starting to suspect that this is the case.

What makes me most concerned however is that they did this at all.

Ask yourself this: SK is guarded by North America, and many other nations of vast military strength. Why does NK suddenly have the balls to go for the throat? What new device or event has suddenly given them the confidence to start a war with the west? That's why I find this very concerning.

----------------------------------------------------------------

For what it's worht, I think NK has a lot of justice coming to it.

Justice for the crimes it commited during the original Korean war, Justice for the crimes it commited against it's own population. This is the nation that, after it lost the Soccer World Cup, sentanced the coach and players of it's soccer team to 18 months hard labor in a gulag.

They deserve to pay for their crimes as a state however. They do not deserve to be anihilated. There are strong similarities to any other rogue state-the nazis for example, but the only way to deal with evil is to force it to stand trial for it's crimes. SImply executing it would make you as bad as it is.

For example I freely agree that adolf hitler deserved to be thrown into one of his own concentration camps-however, we'd be as bad as he was if we did that. Instead he had to stand trial, and be treated like the criminal he is. Damn shame he was such a coward.

Edited by Vindekarr

Well anybody who spends more money on military weapons than the well-being of their population

Like the USA?

Now to be fair, North Korea is a massive world threat. If we need somewhere to invade its there.

They have nuclear weapons at this point, and there not afraid to use them if they get to strong.

That's a very naive point.

I suppose you would have no qualms about packing your bags to go over there and fight North Korea and China.

You tell me, was Vietnam worth it?

Is South Korea and Israel worth fighting WW3 for? If it happens, it will be a nuclear war. Once one side starts getting defeated, they will start shooting nukes in desperation.

If America is involved in Asia fighting North Korea and China, that basically gives Russia the cue to go on invading and retaking the former Soviet states in Eastern Europe, in which they have it very clear they still have interest in.

Edited by Chaosblade02

Which is a risk yet, but not a guaranteed fatality.

Aegis vessels, surface structure, submarines, and even laser armed jumbo jets can all destroy nukes. It's not 100% that they could destroy ALL launched, but it wouldnt be FO3 that's for sure.

Im as concerned as you are about a nueclear WW3.

But WW3 would happen anyway and you'd save a lot of civilian lives by entering early.

We need to get rid of Israel...

They are a bigger threat to us then Iran, even if they are one of our allies.

We spend a lot of money on them, and they have massive power within the US.

There is no proof Iran has nukes, and it would be extremely easy to get rid of Iran if needed.

This isn't really a topic about world war 3 though...

I would fully support a strong attack on North Korea, simply because they are a massive world threat. We know they have nukes, we can not risk that.

Which is a risk yet, but not a guaranteed fatality.

Aegis vessels, surface structure, submarines, and even laser armed jumbo jets can all destroy nukes. It's not 100% that they could destroy ALL launched, but it wouldnt be FO3 that's for sure.

Im as concerned as you are about a nueclear WW3.

But WW3 would happen anyway and you'd save a lot of civilian lives by entering early.

It would be better to just try and defuse the situation, the whole game changes when we are talking about nuclear armed powers. Nukes encourage diplomacy instead of war in the minds of sane people. Now if North Korea goes off and goes stupid and decides to nuke someone first, I am for obliterating them off of the map. And I doubt China would allow them to nuke someone preemptively. They are a puppet regime of China.

And I agree this isn't a topic about WW3, but if America gets involved militarily, it very well could mean WW3.

And according to this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101123/ap_on_re_as/as_koreas_clash;_ylt=Apro2..4DeIqySj.uJ8l3ZaROrgF;_ylu=X3oDMTNpbGYzbzhsBGFzc2V0Ay9zL2FwLzIwMTAxMTIzL2FwX29uX3JlX2FzL2FzX2tvcmVhc19jbGFzaARjY29kZQNtcF9lY184XzEwBGNwb3MDMQRwb3MDMQRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA25rb3JlYXRocmVhdA--

The skirmish began when North Korea warned the South to halt military drills near their sea border, according to South Korean officials. When Seoul refused and began firing artillery into disputed waters — but away from the North Korean shore — the North retaliated by shelling the small island of Yeonpyeong, which houses South Korean military installations and a small civilian population.

It appears South Korea may have been the ones to initiate the aggression. Nice job of throwing fuel on the fire by firing shells near North Korea. This gives me even more reason to not want to come to the defense of South Korea.

Edited by Chaosblade02