Mage's Guild

Lehcar

So one of the novels that serve as sequels to Oblivion, says that the Mage's Guild falls apart and is pretty much destroyed shortly after the Oblivion Crisis.

Great. That revelation totally and utterly ruined the Mage's Guild questline for me, which I actually greatly enjoyed. Now I feel it is even pointless to play it and do all of that hard work trying to save the guild from the Necromancers if it simply ends up taking a nosedive and falling apart anyway.

:(

It makes sense in my game, like you said, if the player never does anything with the guild, it would go nowhere. I stay away from fiction related to movies or games I like ever since they killed Chewbacca in the Star Wars novels. I would honestly prefer the option to get perks for finishing a guild quest series but get to elect another leader. My character rarely uses magic and just did the quests to pass the time, and was in no way qualified to run the mages guild. I wore my black hand robe and hood for the entire quest series, and the only magic I used was my paralysis staff so I could stun necros and kill them before they hit the ground with an enchanted dagger power attack. Wicked!

Dang it...computer just went nuts and posted the same thing for times. Trying to delete them from my phone...

Edited by majikmonkee

Maybe it had something to do with the PC's becoming Arch Mage? Guess it really isn't realistic to juggle 4 guilds at once..

But my character never does the Fighter's Guild or completes the Thieves Guild, he becomes Listener of the Black Hand but that's it. :(