Nexus Chat Not Working

KDStudios

well, im still stuck at the "loading chatroom plz wait..." thing... that is IF i even get in and dont get the "[#CJOIN-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator." error...

no posts regarding that on the IPS forums either, did you consider to maybe contact them Dark?

Edited by jaysus

trying to do it constructivly now:

cant connect with neither firefox nor IE,

IE tries to connect to the internet when i enter the chat as if i had suddenly lost connection, its working for everything else tho

using a different IP doesnt work

proxies dont work in general for nexus (internal server error 500)

i either get "[#CJOIN-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator."

or the i can enter, other see me, but i dont see any text while the chat lingers in the "plz wait for chat to load..." line for ever

prolly tried a million times last night, others were able to join tho

still nothing -.-, same error or indefinate loading

collected some possible solutions to the problem which have fixed it for other forums:

IPS board support:

Re-upload the files from the IP.Chat package and clear your browser cache. Most likely the JS file needed has been overwritten by one of the 3.0.5 files (which we have already changed).

some random forum:

I'm about to trash this whole program. This is getting ridiculous.
LOL

anyway:

tested some other IP services, the flash version of 123flash works, another IP.chat didnt either for me

tried from: laptop (WLAN router) and firefox -> nothing

tried desktop with direct IP line and firefox/IE -> nothing

pc restart -> nothing

cookies cleaned -> nothing

changed forum skin -> nothing

its not a bandwidth issue thats for sure, still got about 25Mbit room

only IP.Chats seems to show this behavior nothing else at all

was thinking it might be my ISP but then this problem only occured when everyone else had it the other night with the exact same symptoms as for everyone else

maybe IPS didnt register its new IPs or whatever they changed the other night with every ISP, no clue honestly as im no network technician

if anyone using Kabel Deutschland as their ISP is having this problem plz lemme know

p.s.

im sorry if it is annoying that i enter and leave the chat so often atm but thats the only way for me to try out if i finally can get in again -.- and since there is no real help in sight i dont really have another option but to maybe forget about that chat thing all together, its a pity cause i really enjoyed bOTHERing vagrant or helping all those people with their mods :(

Edited by jaysus

stop spammin... :P

ok, tested some more ip.chat thingies, the standard ones on different sites all dont seem to work for me either anymore,

can not try a different IP range atm only different IP (only the last number changes)

does anyone know what IPS actually changed last nigt so i can take a look and see what the reasons might be? my ISP simply doesnt know what could be wrong but their tech support only consist of vegetables anyway,

i did NOT change any settings or anything befor the chat problem occured

updated java and flash by now, tried different MAC and IP, different Browsers and PCs