Companions do the darndest things

majikmonkee

I've witnessed many an odd behavior from my various companions, but this one made me chuckle. Recently, I brought one of my companions to the Two Sisters Lodge, pulled up a stool, and told her "let's get something to drink". I always keep plenty of food and drink on her because she has a tendency to steal, but she snuck behind the bar, right behind the barkeeper, stole some wine, and drank it out of a mug behind the bar. Well, she must have had too much, because there is a small bed in the bar area of the lodge right out in the open, and she stripped down to a thong and bra and jumped in the bed right in front of everyone. Anybody else have any odd or amusing companion experiences?

Haha that was funny. :laugh: Strange things happened to me when I had Captain Jack Sparrow in my party. For some reason instead of sleeping in my bed in Rosethorn Hall every night (if he wasn't with me and yes I followed him) at 11pm he'd occupy beggars bedroll leaving the poor guy without a place to sleep.

Also one time I took him to Shivering Isles with me where I collected lots of expensive wine and Jack stole every single bottle from me. :dry:

And the last odd experience was that he'd get stuck in various poses (from Pose Thumbnail Poses 1_1 mod) even though I never casted the spell that would make him pose.

Haha. Stealing from you and taking beggar beds...sounds like he missed the life of a rogue. My same companion, Kat, stole from every chest in my Skingrad house, one after another, after I asked her to"find me a container".

That's why I created a mod to provide placeable "Companion-proof" containers so my companion would not be able to steal my stuff!

Haha. Stealing from you and taking beggar beds...sounds like he missed the life of a rogue. My same companion, Kat, stole from every chest in my Skingrad house, one after another, after I asked her to"find me a container".

That's why I created a mod to provide placeable "Companion-proof" containers so my companion would not be able to steal my stuff!

Good thinking. Of all the people I didn't expect to take my stuff. At least you can usually just take it back. I shared inventory with Kat and was appalled to find dozens of items she'd stolen from different locations as we'd been traveling.

Good thinking. Of all the people I didn't expect to take my stuff. At least you can usually just take it back. I shared inventory with Kat and was appalled to find dozens of items she'd stolen from different locations as we'd been traveling.

It annoyed me that my keepsake display items were now marked stolen. So, in addition to chests, I also created companion-proof display cases too. :)

After running around with three companions for a while the other day, then having them wait in the inn in the marketplace for a while, I came to find that one of my companions stole not only half the store, but weapons and items from my other companions. Bah!

Hahahaha! :laugh: maybe that other companion's class is a thief? :teehee:

I also remembered other two things that one of my companions did (not Jack this time.) Anyway I've been using this companion Stoker Wollf. He's one of the best companions out here in my opinion. :) Anyway I also download a mod called A Better Benirus Manor and since I loved that changes this mod did to Benirus manor I made this my main house. Since all quests were finished a well as Stoker's romance quest I've just raided various dungeons and decorated my house with stuff I found in dungeons.

So one time I've returned to Benirus manor and I see Stoker sneaking to the table and stealing a bottle wine. After checking his inventory I saw that he stole a lot more than a bottle. There were all kinds of stuff in his inventory: books, silver dishes, food and various ingredients, weapons and amulets. After that I always tell him to stand guard close to the door so he couldn't reach anything. :teehee:

He also likes to read while standing on the bed or other furniture like tables. :laugh:

Edited by Naktis

lol wow, that would drive me nuts having carefully placed decorations stolen, placement can be such a pain! I always marvel when npc's take things of no value (my klepto companion had five stolen pewter mugs among the other things). I may have to try the stand guard thing. I was trying to be nice and let them wander the tavern and talk and stuff, guess I can't take them anywhere as a group. I've heard of Stoker Wollf actually but haven't researched any new companions just yet, maybe once I'm sure Ruin is done giving me quests I will replace him with someone else. Three companions is as many as I can stomach having to look after, they are like first graders sometimes with me having to do a head count every time we go through a door to make sure we have everyone and so forth...