What game ending-outcome would you like?

frank lee

I just plowed through the whole 'Killing Mr House' thread and a lot of people express dissatisfaction with the games outcome. If you could organize an ending outside of the three choices with the elements available, what would the NV wasteland turn out like?

Personally I'd unite everyone the NCR, BoS, Great Khans, everyone for a limited truce to stomp the Legion into the dust. That done I'd tie up the major fractions (house and NCR) in diplomacy that would keep them out of the minor fractions hair. Meanwhile engineering more powerful blocks out of the smaller groups. I.e. in return for their help, custody the Helios plant would be given to the BoS. . . And the followers! Forcing them to work together without betraying the BoS codex and lending the followers a little muscle.

The Great Khans need to impose more order on their drugs market and rein in the Fiends, not sure who to hook them with to achieve that, but that would be the aim.

And possibly leave Jacobstown and the Boomers alone, especially the Boomers with air superiority are a little too dangerous to play safely with others.

Creating more powerblocks would dilute the NCR and House's influence I'd be trying to produce a 'dynamic' stability for the wasteland.

Oh yea, and set up consulates for everyone in Freeside! Not the strip but Freeside and making the King more responsible for what happens there.

Anyone else?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish there was a way to recruit the Super Mutants into helping in some way. If we can get both the Brotherhood and Enclave Remnants to show up together than why not some Muties as well?

I also wish I didn't have to trick the Remnants into showing up by asking them to support the NCR when I'm really making my own power play. Why can't I be honest and make an offer for them to help me rise to power in exchange for a place in the new independent Vegas?

Edited by zerrodefex

Recruit the Brotherhood AND the Remnants to wipe both NCR and Legion off the map

Heck -- bribe the Boomers and the Great Khans to assault the dam too.

Who knows, even get the fiends in on the action

With the White Glove Society cleaning up the mess.

What really pissed me off, there was no way to take over the robot army and control it, and help the ncr or legion...

Like seriously, WTF?

Lol, at a guess 'cos if you came rocking out of the vault, in the middle of Caesar's camp at the head of a robot army. . . Well your big ending is as dead as Caesar :wink:

And Fonger, you can get the Khans and boomers onside with diplomacy, perhaps the White Gloves would join for all the long pork they could eat? With the Fiends I suspect its a bit like Bosnia was, in that all you have to do is get the criminal gangs to cool it while you deal with the big issues (promises of better profits in a more stable society). Of course that might be problematical if you personally have assassinated all their leaders. . .

I still haven't finished my first playthrough, but it seems what this game needs are some really good epilogue quests

The quests were adequate to me - it's just that with choice you end up wanting more.

I would have rather kicked everyone's ass, though remove NCR without violence and let the followers take hold and employing the BoS as the Mojave protectors with my guidance, I mean, I was shot in the head and end up being their most effective paladin and I wasn't even born into the family. The NCR has grown too big too fast and the bureaucracy has lost sight of anything outside of their own needs. Even with Caesar's Legion destroyed, they simply don't have the resources and manpower to manage that much territory effectively enough for me. Yes man was just asking to become the Fallout skynet so handing him the reigns is only preferable to House since house is so bent on the BoS destruction.

Like Veronica says, gotta love em even if they can be assholes.

I would have the Brotherhood take over the Mojave Wasteland and following Veronica's plan for rebuilding.

Getting rid of McNamara and Hardin and making Vera the Elder? The only way I could see that working is to hand the Archimedes over to them, and sit back and watch the Brotherhood annihilate the NCR!

They are just not powerful enough, they couldn't even hold the Helios. As secksegai said, the BoS - Followers pact seems to be the best option to me (if we had one).

i, for one, side with the brotherhood, in the ending i got they were allied with the NCR but they turned out to be nothing more than "Mojave wasteland highway patrol" i would have loved for them to take over Vegas in some way, even if it meant siding with the bumbling Yes Man. oh well, maybe we can hope for an expansion down the road.