Skyrim Lan/Split Screen

kevorkiandoctor

It has been tried before. there was a mod called Skyrim Online that attempted to let multiple people play on a server but it was buggy at best and flat out didnt work at the worst.

Skyrim was just not coded to allow multiple people play together and the only theoretical instance is creating a server, which is a very expensive prospect even the smallest servers would need massive rigs to handle multiple player even a split screen scenario. And they would be adding a whole nother games worth of coding which no single person could ever possibly accomplish by themselves and modding teams could better spend their time working on amazing mods like Skyblivion or Skywind.

To put it plainly, it's not feasible and the end product would barely be playable, if at all. Your better off just playing ESO, its going free to play soon and I've heard (not holding my breath however) that they have fixed many of the problems players had with the game at launch.

The only thing that's close to that scenario is the Familiar Faces mod which allows you to import one of your previous characters into your current playthrough as a follower (check out my discussion on the mod here) but again it can't be controlled by a second person. Skyrim was coded as a single player game and that's all it will ever be.