ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Dead ends

clappo27

I've been playing and loving fallout 3 for a while now, though I get limited time to play so am probably less than 20 hours gameplay in.

I seem to have hit a bit of a wall.

Having accidentally killed the fella guarding Arefu when he got in the crossfire between me and a mirelurk, I seem unable to progress on the "...In the family..." mission.

Also I seem to have missed a couple of opportunities to accept mini-quests (like taking cherry to rivet city) which I assumed I could come back to later. And just to annoy me I can't find my way to the technology museum to progress on the GNR quest, so I can't do anything with the main quest either. Grrrr.

Anyway, I'm considering scrapping the lot and starting from scratch... do you think its worth it? Or should I forget those couple of quests and carry on regardless.

you could start from scratch, but you don't necessarily have to

after all, with a level cap of 20 (which is really easy to get to), missing a few quests won't really weaken you

the only quests that you need to do are the main quests

now, i'm not sure why you cannot get to the museum......

if i remember correctly, you need to go underground to the subway, and from there go to the metro area (at least i think it is how it's called)

you can use the arrow pointers of the quests to direct you to where you need to go

if you still need any help with the game, you can find plenty of information here

Set GNR as your active quest and follow the map marker. It'll lead you straight to your destination. If you look at your world map you'll see waypoints as well.

If you want to do the Family Quest, find the dead guys body, enter console, click on the body and type resurrect.

He'll be resurrected.

• 2 weeks later...

Set GNR as your active quest and follow the map marker. It'll lead you straight to your destination. If you look at your world map you'll see waypoints as well.

If you want to do the Family Quest, find the dead guys body, enter console, click on the body and type resurrect.

He'll be resurrected.

DON'T FORGET TO TYPE "ENABLE" TOO !!!!!!!

Exploring will always add more gameplay eventually. Lots of little quests to do.

ha, ha, ha, how true, got the explorer perk and added tons of new places to explore, love exploring and killing more bad guys (collecting fingers) while I'm at it.

Took a sewer pipe near the Citadel and ended up in Greyditch, lol

Took the Talons by surprise when I got to Greyditch!

Peace!