Just some ideas for some new mods?

novastorm13

Just wanted to first thank many of the mod makers for making such great mods such as my personal favorites

craft and the addons for it. A truly must have mod in my opinion.

the abode realm home mod - a great mod for those who dont like the homes given to you by the game .

the JAVM mod - even tho it seems to make my game crash a lot still so much stuff I would have missed without it!

The zooming reworked mod - what scope should have been in the first place.

With that being said I have a few ideas I would like to throw out there to see what type of resposens they get so here goes

1 a true fully robotic looking pet (dog,cat,whatever) I saw the glitter boy W.I.P. and remember botwilers and how much I missed playing Rifts!

2 Anything from the Rifts book games! Like I said it was a truly all encompessing and perfect game.

3 a useable mini-sub - I did download a sub mod here on the site dont remember its name but it was the best attemped I have seen so far.

4 More modern looking laser rifles - many of the mods I see still use the meshes give to us by the game but say the

Arachnos gun mod as a example seen to be more inline with what I think when I here the words laser guns. You know more sleek

and mean looking laser guns.

5 implants that realy change the way the P.C. looks - for a exmaple if I was to implant a eye shouldnt my toon look like he has a inplanted eye?

6 I notice that Bethesda removed a couple of body armor slots from oblivian to fallout Namely gloves and boots can we put these in?

7 more creatures - I mean yes the are many to begin with and I have seen many mods to inprove them but let me ask this were are all the squrails to make squrail - on a stick with?

7a ummmmm fish or any water life??? enuff said I think.

8 new spawns or respawning points in buildings after P.C. clears it - Your are group of raiders liveing in the waste lands you find a safe (P.C. cleared) building and you dont move in and take over?

Thats it for now as I play threw and get more I will try to update this list and again this hopefuls inspires or gets the creative juices going for someone and thank you all agian for all the great mods so far!!!

Novastorm13

Edited by novastorm13

well, you took the words right out of my mouth ^^

for more modern energy weapons i got Apocalypse Armory.

the thing with the gloves... i don't think you can make it a slot on the charakter, but Seperate Clothing - Gloves isn't too bad, i think, and Tailor Maid got some extra equipable stuff.

for more and respawning enemies, you could use Marts Mutant Mod and Interior Cells Respawn.

i hope this is what you were looking for (at least a little bit of it :P)

Thank you so much for all the suggestions. Tried several of the mods, but they're not for me. Tried Mart's Mutant Mod and it crashed my system on the live geckos, to the point I had to uninstall everything, including the mod manager itself.

About the robotic pets (still on topic) what does Bethesda have against cats???? I mean - none of their games have CATS - why is this?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?!

*Laughs*

Thanks again...see ya later, guys!

Thank you so much for all the suggestions. Tried several of the mods, but they're not for me. Tried Mart's Mutant Mod and it crashed my system on the live geckos, to the point I had to uninstall everything, including the mod manager itself.

About the robotic pets (still on topic) what does Bethesda have against cats???? I mean - none of their games have CATS - why is this?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?!

*Laughs*

Thanks again...see ya later, guys!

Maybe try to consult with the MMM guys on a proper installation. I'd be nervous if you had to reinstall it lol, I've had many frustrated memories of that too with other mods. But I highly recommend MMM if you are looking for more creatures, and it should be a very stable mod, especially if you don't have too many loaded.

Tailor Maid as mentioned, is great if you want glove type of clothing or like combining multiple pieces of clothing that you can't in vanilla.

As for cats, I thought I read somewhere that the Fallout story says cats got wiped out or something. Either way, there was a cat mod in the works last time I heard. http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/244937-catmeat/

If you're a Star Trek fan, you might dig these laser guns http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15095

How absolutely wonderful - there is a cat mod coming! YAY!

Quick question off/on subject: I have made my own gas missiles using the Arachnos gun and I am wondering if there is a way to scale the missiles down in G.E.C.K. through commands, as I have not unpacked the model from the bsa. and have just duplicated the stock mesh with a new explosion effect.

As for the M.M.M. I mis-said what caused the crash. It was the iguanas *pauses for laughter* . I picked up a frozen one and put it in my inventory and that was fine. Tried to place it on a table in my house and it didn't work, kept hitting the floor. When I put it in my fridge is when the game crashed. Probably my stupidty to put it in the fridge, so I'll have to retry the mod later (what, I though it was dead?!)

Thanks, will keep posting new ideas as they come!

Edited by novastorm13

• 1 month later...

Rifts was pretty damn sweet. As long as you didn't get cursed with either a GM or other players that were munchkins. The game was far too easy to abuse. They also gave up a little something as far as realism and making combat skill actually matter with their combat system. EVERY roll better than a 4 hits, unless dodged? Wow, that....sucks. And house rules could only take you so far without completely screwing everything up.

I discovered I liked Shadowrun quite a bit better, at least as far as the combat and skill system went. Yes, it was POSSIBLE, though unlikely, to bring down that cybered up troll down with a light pistol. It was also possible, though extremely unlikely, to survive a sustained burst from a belt-fed MG. And character skill with weapons, range, low light, injuries....all that stuff suddenly mattered.

I would definitely use a Rifts-themed mod, as long as it could get along with FWE.

I'd really, REALLY love to have my character running around the DC Wasteland with a C-12 laser rifle, or C-27 plasma cannon. :)

I like some of your other ideas, too.