Halp getting started

Rangaros

Well, right now the state is "uninstalling everything to do it fresh from start", since I've been messing around only installing some things to test them. And when I'm done cleaning stuff up it's time for the final test with everything included, lol.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a mod is merged and deactivated all of it's contents are in the bashed patch. To uninstall it you have no option except rebuild your bashed patch without deactivating the mod (so now it is again just a normal mod). Seems counterintuitive until you think about what has happened to it when it was merged and deactivated.

And yes, those are the steps ... rebuild and don't deactivate, uninstall, BOSS/rebuild.

The wise way to install mods is to install one and then test (or in the case of mods that require other mods the group and then test). That way when something goes amiss you have an easy time figuring out where to start troubleshooting.

There are plenty of examples on here of "install a whole bunch of mods" and then cry "Help" ... it's like looking for the end of one particular strand of noodle in a vast pot of boiling chicken noodle soup when trying to help sort through that mess.

Yeah sounds reasonable. Luckily I already tried some of it anyway, but we'll see how it goes.

Right now I just have the unofficial patches and OBSE plugins installed. I wanna make a final comprehensive list of everything to make sure I got it right. I know some things don't have to go in a certain order, but I like having things in order personally, so here we go.

Robert's Male > EVE HGEC > OCO v2 > Ragdoll Skeleton > Seamless for Robert's Male > Seamless for HGEC > Seamless for HGEC BBB > Seamless for OCO v2 > Male and female Khajiit patches for OCO v2 > MOO > Seamless for MOO > NoMaaM BBB (through OBMM)

And that would be it. Not quite sure on where exactly I should be putting MOO, though I suspect it doesn't really matter, and all that matters is that I install the Seamless for it after it.

Yup ... I'd put the skeleton.nif and NoMaaM at the start of the list just so when you're testing you don't see boobs to infinity and do see BBB once BBBed is installed. Like I said, I'm Mr One-Thing-At-A-Time-And-Test-In-Between when it comes to installing mods.

OBSE plugins meant Blockhead, right?

- Edit - And MOO and MOO Seamless is right where I'd put them in your install order.

Edited by Striker879

Alright, so I'll move those two to the beginning then, no problem. And OBSE plugins I have Blockhead, Fast Exit and Oblivion Stutter Remover (plus some stuff that the unofficial patches put in there).

Well I gotta go for about an hour now so, hey, suspense right? Lol. I'll start testing everything when I'm back. Oh and thanks everyone, it's been an incredible help and I probably would have ditched most of this if I hadn't had it.

Edited by Rangaros

(figured I'd make it a new post instead since it's been a while)

Alright, little bump here. First time installing a BAIN mod with several options without a wizard, EVE HGEC. I suppose I need the "core" and "body textures" and then one "cup", one "lowerbody", one "equipment upperbody" and one "equipment lowerbody", right?

Yes."Core" are the shared files (like hand and feet meshes), "body textures" are just that (most likely you will be presented with some different flavours of textures for the body), "Cup" is the breast size, being AA the smaller (flat chest) and any other beyond E impossibly big, Lowerbody is just that, the hips and legs, Upperbody is the torso, and the two Equipments must match the same type you chose for the body if you want the shape of your character be the same both naked and clothed.

Cheers!

You'll install (put a tick beside in the Wrye window that shows all the subpackages) 00 Core, 01 Body Textures, one of the 10 level packages, one of the 15 level packages, the 20 level package that matches you 10 level package, the 25 level package that matches your 15 level package (the 21 level package just has some alternate meshes for C-cup ... you could install that if you wanted and you picked C-cup in your 10 level selection, it's not required though).

Most non-wizard BAINs come arranged this way, where you only pick one of each level package.

- Edit - ... +1 :ninja: for Ike ... storm must have abated.

Edited by Striker879