Most Broken Companion?

pjz

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which companion is most brokenly powerful?

Definitely Raul for me.

He never repairs, neither in his shack nor anywhere else. I assume the unorthodox route I took to Black Mountain permanently glichted him. Got the map marker and teleported there before ever meeting Neil. Next thing I know, the "Crazy, Crazy, Crazy" quest triggers and immediately completes itself.

I agree, Boone

One of my characters is a ranger who plays on Very Hardcore difficulty. I gave boone the Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle when I switched to an anti materiel rifle. He does really pull his weight with it. Quite often things I'm trying to kill just have their head explode mysteriously before I can do anything.

Veronica also gets an honorable mention for having a free power fist and being available so early, although you need mods to fix her not levelling with the player or she's less useful lategame.

Broken and brokenly powerful doesn't quite work to me. Broken, Veronica comes to mind as she has yet failed to teach me her punching ways through several playthroughs (leaving details out to avoid spoiler tag).. That and add the fact that she's the only one that doesn't scale in level....

Most powerful is easily Boone. I don't think he's "brokenly" powerful, as I would expect him to be a crack shot.

Broken and brokenly powerful doesn't quite work to me. Broken, Veronica comes to mind as she has yet failed to teach me her punching ways through several playthroughs (leaving details out to avoid spoiler tag).. That and add the fact that she's the only one that doesn't scale in level....

For veronica's punching trick, you need to give her either a White Glove Attire or a Formal Attire

For veronica's punching trick, you need to give her either a White Glove Attire or a Formal Attire

Yep, as I said I left that out to avoid having to spoiler tag it, but yep, been doin that, get the black screen but nothing learned ;)

Veronica also gets an honorable mention for having a free power fist and being available so early, although you need mods to fix her not levelling with the player or she's less useful lategame.

Even more so if you ever equip her with a Ballistic Fist or the Paladin Toaster.

as everyone else, boone/veronica are certainly over powered. I used a ED-E and REX combination that wasnt so bad, but still required a lot of healing for REX tank. While, with Ver or boone you often dont get to see the enemy before its over.

^ Experienced the same prob with Veronica, but finally resolved it thanks to this FO Wiki article.

Ah thanks, never bothered to check up on it, but that does explain it, just another scripting bug. If not for the Fallout license there's no way I'd be willing to put up with a game so broken. Bioware is bad enough, but I don't recall any Bioware game having nearly so many issues.

Adding to my comment about Boone, I end up having contests on who gets more headshots, while I dominate, that's mainly because I engage before he does =)