Shapely Argonian Females?

David Brasher

I can understand why Bethesda would want the humanoid females in Oblivion to have shapely and attractive busts, and for this purpose the vanilla body models have all the women being rather well-endowed.

But what about Argonians? They are lizards! Lizards lay eggs. They do not bear live young. They do not nurse their young. They do not have mammary glands. There is no lizard milk! Since there are no glands, there is no fatty tissue to protect them. Female lizards are flat-chested!

So what is with the Argonian females in Oblivion?

Now Khajiites are another matter. I would expect them to have maybe four breasts so they can nurse the whole litter at once. These would most likely be rather small and flat and oddly spaced in comparison to a humanoid.

Now everyone is probably grossed out and thinking that I am a big pervert. But what about the animators who made the voluptuous green scaly creatures in Oblivion?

It's more complicated than that, majiik. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the main body (which includes the breasts, but not the head or the tail) uses the same skeleton on all ten races. The heads, obviously, are different for each race; if not for each, definitely for the beast races. The tails, I believe, are simply an add-on to the skeleton. This is why you sometimes get those weird stretchy tail glitches.

I could be wrong, but I think that's true. Bethesda likely didn't want to spend time making entirely new body skeletons for each race. In Morrowind, however, you can plainly tell that Argonian women did not have breasts, and that it should be like that in Oblivion.

Mere technical difficulties. :P

It's more complicated than that, majiik. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the main body (which includes the breasts, but not the head or the tail) uses the same skeleton on all ten races. The heads, obviously, are different for each race; if not for each, definitely for the beast races. The tails, I believe, are simply an add-on to the skeleton. This is why you sometimes get those weird stretchy tail glitches.

I could be wrong, but I think that's true. Bethesda likely didn't want to spend time making entirely new body skeletons for each race. In Morrowind, however, you can plainly tell that Argonian women did not have breasts, and that it should be like that in Oblivion.

Mere technical difficulties. :P

that is correct. only the head and tail are race unique. everything else is shared.

Which is silly, but, hey, what can you do?

make a mod that makes it so that there's a token that replace all of the female argonian's torso pieces with more realistic ones...

no, wehat do you mean? I didn't say anything...

I never notice their bust to be honest.

Don't lie.

Haha, jk. But, yeah. Just Bethesda being lazy or having to rush because of a deadline is the cause of this. It never really bothered me that much tough.

I just remembered that M'aiq the Liar makes a reference to the same skeletons, saying that he likes the new look of the beast races, and that they "look better than ever before." I originally thought he was making reference to their newly-found ability to wear boots due to their humanoid feet, but with the introduction of this forum topic, I'm starting to wonder...