Taking a Screenshot in New Vegas

Nikova

Hello,

I've seen that some other people had trouble with capturing a screen, but my issue is fairly unique, as far as I can tell.

Every time I try to take a screen shot, the file does not save, nor is there any indication of taking a screen shot. I try copy-pasting, but it only results in a black wall. I assume I'm either not able to locate the screen shots folder (after digging in and out for every Fallout: New Vegas directory I could find on my system), or that it just isn't working for me.

If any knowledge on this exists, then I would appreciate having someone fix this.

Screen shot files should appear in the "<whereever you have Steam installed>\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas" directory and be named ScreenShot??.bmp. IF they aren't there, then they aren't being saved. Could it be a Windows 7 permission issue?

Screen shot files should appear in the "<whereever you have Steam installed>\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas" directory and be named ScreenShot??.bmp. IF they aren't there, then they aren't being saved. Could it be a Windows 7 permission issue?

I don't know. I do use Windows 7, and there has been no relative issues with permission. Should I try running Steam as an administrator (chaining the game to run under administration as well)?

• 4 weeks later...
are you using print scrn key to take photo's? if you don't get the verification of screen shot i doubt they are being saved but if you have a photoshop program and they are being saved maybe you can look for associated files with it or maybe my documents/photos? run as admin may work well also i made several mods that said they were saved but they were in a virtual folder somewhere i ran as admin and they showed up in correct locaton

• 10 months later...

Sorry for bringing back up an old topic, but I found this post by doing a Google search as I have the exact same problem.

The same with the screenshot not saving and the black wall with prtscr method. Even with the steam's screenshot function, I am unable to SAVE the screenshots as it disappears as I exit the game despite the steam notification saying Screenshot Taken.

My work around was to manage the picture in-game with Steam cloud. The picture appears in the steam overlay and I uploaded it to my profile, and later saving it to my computer from there.

hope this helps others =]

The same with the screenshot not saving and the black wall with prtscr method. Even with the steam's screenshot function, I am unable to SAVE the screenshots as it disappears as I exit the game despite the steam notification saying Screenshot Taken.

edit your steam settings to open the screen shot manager on game exit

but just for fun

the screenies are on your hard disk until YOU delete them

(unless UAC rears its ugly head)

• 5 months later...

so what if someone doesnt even use this bulls*** that is STEAM to play? I dont have steam, i play the game without any problems, back on XP the screencaps were saved on the main Fnv folder, just like for F3,

but now that i'm on win7 (cursed be the day) they dont seem to be saved anywhere (i dont even see the prompt on screen that says where the pics are kept...)

Banned for piracy - TVD.

I'm simply going to repeat what hafiz22 said ... download FRAPS, it's free and works like magic ... just remember to tick "Monitor Aero Desktop" on the General tab and then choose your hotkey on the Screenshots tab and you're away.

All screenshots will be saved to C:FRAPS\Screenshots.

Edited by Nintii