Oblivion mods

Lehcar

Nope, one can happily live without it. The vital ones are patches and some texture replacers (faces, predominantly). Body mods are not, despite popularity, though it helps not to feel sick at the sight of undressed characters as well.

Also it's nearly vital to have anything that fixes such things as non-vanilla race bugs, but it is now included in the unofficial patch.

Some good magicka rebalancer is nearly nesessary, nerfed vanilla magicka is only useful for circus tricks for kids.

Anything that makes game (more) interesting. Take your pick, but you need to have just something to justify playing. Most likely a major quest mod or a large overhaul.

I posted my opinions on need to have mods in the Mod Talk section, I don't want to get in trouble for posting the same suggestions over and over but you'll see some similar posts in that section where folks gave some useful suggestions. :-)

Well I didn't mean "vital" in that sense, I'm just meant it's a really good one that everyone should have if their RAM and graphics cards can handle it. Very nice for visuals and atmosphere ;)

Also I highly recommend Better Cities. IMO, compared to the cities in Morrrowind, Oblivion's are rather disappointing, in regards to both size and in design. Better Cities doesn't really enlarge Cyrodiil's cities, but it does make them a lot more beautiful, unique, and interesting to explore. The creators were extremely... creative. :)

Unique Landscapes is also another excellent one. Really spruces up the wilderness of Cyrodiil beautifully and makes for a much more interesting and visually appealing places to explore. :)

I would say that I could not play Oblivion without Natural Environments. The vanilla weather is terrible. I have also grown severely dependent on Deadly Reflex for combat; if I get into a fight without that mod on, I will constantly find myself pressing the shield bash key, since I press it almost every other keystroke in combat.

Other than that, though, I really don't think I use any mods without which I couldn't manage to play. Most of them aren't really major mods, and are just little things that enhance the game a little bit.

Deadly Reflex is kind of a must to prevent combat from getting dull over time. I also don't think I could go back to the masculine vanilla female figures again. I use BAB for my female body enhancement but there are other options of course if that's your thing.

essencials for my are:

FCOM (full) - to add diversity and difficulty and life to the game

supreme/midas magic- for cool effects on magic

deadly reflex - cutthroath, shield bash and decaptation (awesome!)

nGCD + progress - overhaul the crappy oblivion leveling system

eat, drink, sleep, fatigue mods - for immersion