Can't play Nehrim

Moire

I've read the readme, installed Nehrim into a new folder, activated only Nehrim.esm, NehrimData.esp and NehrimEnglish.esp. I can get to the start menu but I can't start a new game. It just crashes after a few seconds. Something else that I don't understand is why my Oblivion mods turns up in the Nehrim launcher unless I disable them all and everytime I start the Nehrim launcher the files there are deactivated. Also, it detects my oblivion save games when I click Load Game and that is also very weird. I hope that's not how it is supposed to be or switching between games will be very problematic. Did I do something wrong with the install or is the problem something else? Any help is appreciated.

Delete your Oblivion.ini before playing Nehrim. It will generate its own Oblivion.ini. And since It uses \My Games\Oblivion, so detecting your Oblivion save file is not surprising. Also, I recommend you to use Save Manager to make profiles and manage your saves(it's useful if you're having two or more characters).