Pale Pass Akaviri Citadel

lupicatalum

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry ... I started to read the posts to get caught up on the latest, got pulled away by other things, and now I see you two have ventured into stuff way, way above my paygrade.

I shall hand in my :ninja: and try not to be :confused: while lurking.

- Edit - I know I will get my wrist slapped ... but what happens if you use Export As instead of Export?

Edited by Striker879

Good.

But the drop-down list I was talking about is the "Select File Type (by Extension)" below the drop-down list that selects the files shown in the navigation window.

Did you set the compression to DTX5 and enabled mipmaps?

Cheers!

Edited by IkeCoast

Hey, Striker!

Hope you did see what Lupis here did earlier.

200_s.gif

Lupis, sorry, matey, but that is not a normalmap. Try it in-game and see for yourself.

And yes, Export As and Export do the exact same thing on my end too.

Cheers!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, you actually did include an Alpha channel (it is not shown in the Channels tab on the screenshots) and recalled to put the _n suffix to the filename.

Well, thas WAS a normalmap then, albeit a very basic one. See how the surface of the ruler is flat, featureless (and is it the same color as before? I thought it was white).

For items with "textured" surfaces you need to do things a little bit differently.

Don't think for a minute I feel ashamed for being wrong. First of all, I've lost the track of how many times I was wrong during this session. Secondly, I know not the meaning of the word "shame".

Cheers!

LMAO. I know its a garbage normal map. It was a very basic tutorial. Now that I know somewhat what I am doing I can go more advanced. Anyway, Fiancee wants to watch south park so I have to get off. Youll probably be in bed by the time I get on again Ike so good night and talk at you later