TES V requests/wishlist

Pyramidhead123

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get rid of the awful, phony dialog between random NPCs.

Go back to a reasonable physics engine, instead of the gee-whiiz-bodies-bouncing-on-walls Oblivion one.

Provide a larger pool of voices for each race.

Offer the player more gameplay options: difficulty sliders for life, magicka, defenses. General hostility level to player.

Get rid of most creature leveling, or at least, offer this as a user option.

Get rid of the awful, phony dialog between random NPCs.

The state that it's in, yes it's really phony. However, I disagree that they should get rid of it all together. NPCs walking about and completely ignoring each other would be just as (if not more) lame. I think they should expound on it, make it more dynamic.

Edited by Pyramidhead123

I think it being in real time would get tiresome quickly. How about instead doing it like the boat ride in Point Lookout? Show the first and last minute of the journey. They could have a roll for random events to occur as well along the way, as in Crystal Chronicles.

Or they could make it real time, but add a skip button. Say, press Y twice to skip the journey to show the last minute. I'd love to go on boats real time.

I would like to see more choices offered throughout the game. For example in the main quest, when you talk to Martin, no matter what you say, he'll accompany you. In TESV, I would like to see something that anything you say will affect the storyline.

I would like to see multiple endings. Like fallout has, you can either die, join the bad guys, be neutral, etc. I would like to see something like that.

Better-looking creatures. Look at zombies and creatures in oblivion. Then look at zombies and creatures in Red Dead Redemption. You'll get my point.

Collateral damage is something that would be great. Like should you slash a wall, let there be slash marks left behind. Or if you cut a support beam to a building, watch it collapse.

More guilds to join. and more guild related quests even after you reach the top.

Bounty hunting. Have the guards post people with bounties and go hunt them for a reward.

Lasso. They need one for capturing people should they refuse to go peacefully.

Executions. Have someone on a guillotine if they have a huge bounty for serious crimes like mass-murder.

Getting drunk. Stumbling around like a drunk would be hilarious.

Random events like guards chasing a criminal or someone coming up to you and asking for help.

Sailable ships.

Bait for luring animals.

Better arena.

Player talking. Have the player talk to others without being silent. Like if someone walks by and says hi, have the player say hello right back to them.

Better damage. In games like red dead redemption, if you get shot or slashed, it shows on your character. It should show on your character. You should also get like a penalty for having like a damaged leg or arm.

Fighting on horseback. Need I say more?

Different fighting styles. Like if someone is really good with blades, they'll fight like dante from devil may cry. If they never held a weapon before, they'll be recklessly swinging.

Using your staff like a melee weapon.

Stealth kills like in tenchu. Need I say more?

Better looking cities.

Edited by ambalamps

Bethesda Announces The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim For 2011 Release

Fallout 3 house Bethesda has announced The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the latest iteration in the respected RPG franchise, with a teaser trailer revealing a November 2011 release date.

Revealed at the Spike TV Video Game Awards on Saturday, the game's initial trailer gives a date of November 11th, 2011 for the game, which is a much-rumored follow-up to Oblivion, the fourth title in The Elder Scrolls series.

The title's predecessor, Oblivion, debuted in March 2006 for Xbox 360 and PC, with a later PlayStation 3 version, and sold 3 million copies in just the first 9 months of release, with its open-world RPG stylings making it one of the best-selling console RPG titles early in this console generation.

Bethesda's Todd Howard was onstage at the VGAs to reveal the game, which is part of a storied RPG franchise that started development at Bethesda all the way back in 1992.

No in-game footage was shown in the teaser trailer, and more information will appear over the next few months on the title, which is expected -- although not confirmed -- to debut on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

http://www.gamasutra...011_Release.php

You know what might work as a solution for the lacklustre combat system?

Having at least two different combat stances for each type of weapon.

For example: Two-handed sword with one wide-arc attack stance which allows you to hit multiple targets more easily and a stance more focused on vertical attacks that hits harder, but it's unlikely to damage more than one target at the time. Or for the archers to have a rapid-shooting stance that increases the rate of fire at expenses of accuracy and some power and a precise shooter stance which would be the opposite.

Just an idea, incorporating some sort of combo system (IE: press/weak attack/, press/weak attack, hold/strong attack and more variations) would also add a lot of flavour to the whole combat system.