TES V requests/wishlist

Pyramidhead123

Bethesda Announces The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim For 2011 Release

Fallout 3 house Bethesda has announced The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the latest iteration in the respected RPG franchise, with a teaser trailer revealing a November 2011 release date.

Revealed at the Spike TV Video Game Awards on Saturday, the game's initial trailer gives a date of November 11th, 2011 for the game, which is a much-rumored follow-up to Oblivion, the fourth title in The Elder Scrolls series.

The title's predecessor, Oblivion, debuted in March 2006 for Xbox 360 and PC, with a later PlayStation 3 version, and sold 3 million copies in just the first 9 months of release, with its open-world RPG stylings making it one of the best-selling console RPG titles early in this console generation.

Bethesda's Todd Howard was onstage at the VGAs to reveal the game, which is part of a storied RPG franchise that started development at Bethesda all the way back in 1992.

No in-game footage was shown in the teaser trailer, and more information will appear over the next few months on the title, which is expected -- although not confirmed -- to debut on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

http://www.gamasutra...011_Release.php

Fantastic! Can I request once the TES V board has been made, that this thread get moved/ there? Thanks.

Come on people! You have to have more ideas than that! Now that the setting and theme had been set for TES V, what are some things that you would like to see?!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been confirmed that TES V will be on an all new engine:

As many will know the Gamebryo formally used by Oblivion and Fallout 3 has been dying a slow death of late. On November 10th 2010 the assets of the engine were put up for sale. Such events have raised questions about Bethesda's choice of engine for TES V and the modability of any new engine that Bethesda might choose to use.

This is exciting news for me personally, as I have utter disdain for the Gamebryo engine. I'm very glad to see it die!

As I had mentioned before, I thought the ID Tech V would have been the best candidate. I was wrong, though very stable and pretty, it's said that it's not very good at big dynamic worlds:

The most likely engine candidate was thought to be the id Tech5 engine that is currently being used for the upcoming RAGE game by id as well as the next Doom game. With Zenimax's (Bethesda's parent company) acquisition of id Software earlier on in the year TES V on the id Tech5 seemed like a very real possibility. Unfortunately the engine is not great for open world games and is even worse for modders due in no small part to the massive texture system the id Tech5 engine employs.

This is all news to me, I guess modding for Rage and the up and coming Doom game will be very limited. This is very sad news.

I'm very excited to see all the new features that are going to be implemented as well as the new SDK!

Edited by Pyramidhead123

I'll have to disagree with everyone who wishes for any sort of coop and/or Multiplayer. In my Opinion, this could only end badly, since Bethesda would have to balance Stuff. In Multiplayer, there would be People who'd like to play for the sole Purpose of annoying other People.

In Oblivion, those People would find Armor with enough Chameleon enchantment to add up to 100% and then find a Place near a Door to a Shop. Near enough to easily snipe People when they zone out from the shop Cell but far away enough to be out of range from any "see life" enchantment the Victim may have.

Not that it would matter; in many open multiplayer games i've seen People using Tools that give out an alarm sound when a Player starts zoning through a door you mark in advance so that you'll know when this Player will be vulnerable to attack.

When you leave a shop, you'll see the Loading screen and the Arrow that will hit you with a paralyze enchantment will be already on it's way.

People will find ways to make those rather unfair Attacks even more unfair, they will hunt in packs so that you'll have maybe ten Arrows with paralyze enchantment in your left nostril one femtosecond after the game will register you being in the outside cell.

In any open Multiplayer, People could just invite some Friend who aren't Idiots, but Bethesda would have to make Changes to at least make it rather difficult for people out to ruin other peoples game.

Those Changes will take away from the Game i love. I love being able to "cheat" whenever i chose to do so. I can break the game with uber enchantments or i can make it harder. I can modify the difficulty without using the difficulty slider, which would just make the attacks drain more of my HP.

Having a game balanced for multiplayer or even coop will take away one of the unique Qualities of the game. The Player having a level of control over the Gameworld which is pretty unique.

So, please don't incorporate any form of Multiplayer. If there is a Mod that gives me a LAN coop mode, i'd try that, but if Bethesda makes a multiplayermode they would have to change the game in ways i wouldn't like and i'm guessing all of you do like Fact that you can chose to do impossible things in the game world.

I belive my request would fall under the different bodies... The growth system on Fallout seems like something interesting, I'd like to see it under TES V.

Oh, and I'd have to agree with madman132. You know what would be good for online interaction? The arena. Put up an enhanced battle/combat system and let the arena go online for matches and BAM, you get something actually interesting, and keep the old gameplay style the same!

Edited by yanazake

Transportation (no more fast travel crap) Horses, ships, carts/wagons, silt striders, etc. Make em real-time too. Sail the world (possibly get attacked by pirates) plus a variety of ships, horses, etc.

That would be really cool. To pay to travel to Anvil and see the entire journey, instead of just poof appearing there. And maybe have bandits or marauders attack you on the way so you have to stop and defend yourself.

And maybe seasons and holidays. And go back to when Daedric Princes could only be summoned during certain times of the year.

this. I loved this in Daggerfall. I always got a kick off of going in to summon, not knowing if today was THE day and getting one...or sometimes Sheogorath! I know the dates could be found, but I didn't always find them, so it was fun. 'Hmm, who could I get today? Oh, Hi Hermeous Mora/Mehrunes Dagon/Boethiah!"

Here are some things I'd like to see:

XP Levelling - Replace the current levelling system that Oblivion used with an XP based version. This makes levelling a little easier and less time consuming.

GTA IV/RDR Transportation Style - Instead of just appearing at the destination, you should be able to watch it all in real-time, but also be able to skip to the destination. Ships would be good, but from what I've seen on the map, there isn't much water. Other previously suggested methods of transport would be good.

Seasons & Weather - It would be great if there were seasons that changed the way the weather reacted. It would be very cold in winter, but warmer in summer. It would be good if the weather would react to the current season. Another good concept would be that weather reacts with the landscape, such as rain making the landscape look wet.

Better Combat - The combat that was used in Oblivion wasn't that good. There was little skill involved and the combat moves were repetitive and boring. Adding things such as bashing the enemy with your shield would be fun and add more tactical fighting.

Bigger Gameworld - Although I have never seen Skyrim, from a map I have seen, it's smaller than Cyrodiil which is disappointing. I have always thought it would be awesome if the whole of Tamriel was explorable. If not the entire Tamriel, then perhaps at least 1-2 more explorable countries.

Better Faces - Although I think with Fallout 3 Bethesda has improved on the faces, I hope that will also happen in TES 5. The faces on Oblivion were very bad, low quality and most of the NPCs looked stupid.

TES 5 SDK - I'm sure many people will agree that modding has become an important and interesting part of the TES games. Hopefully, even with the new engine, they'll consider making a good SDK for modders.

That's all I got for now.

Will we have hat? Will we have hat? Will we have hat? Will we have hat? Will we have hat?....

Honestly, all I care is a good hat to wear with citizen clothes. Also I want beards, I was sadden that I could not have a epic beard in vanilla.